Jump to content

Is solo play practical


Pleione
 Share

Recommended Posts

Some comments earlier were on the likely size of the universe and thus the chances of being able to go solo somewhere really remote. I put some thoughts and questions on universe mechanics on my semi-diary but not here so as not to drift off-topic...

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/12813-semi-diary-interactions-of-anyall-mechanics-and-flowing-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=80580

I think it is probable that there will be two main bands or radii in which solo play would be most viable: very close to Alioth or very far from Alioth. At mid range being solo may simply be too dangerous - but that's fine with me really as long as opportunities are around for solo players overall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2018 at 1:54 PM, Pleione said:

an organization of freelance players, who help each other if and only if they feel like it

The Freelancers... I like the sound of this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope we learn from mistakes from games like Eve where 70% of the population plays solo and the other 30% bans together and does whatever they want while the main group of players plays with their head in the sand.

 

One of the reasons I finally quit playing eve after 9 years was there was no way to break the major alliances. People dont want to make their own sandcastles anymore, they just want to play in the big premade ones or just craft or do whatever off on their own blissfully unaware of the greater game around them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...