Planetary asteroid strikes (physics)

Hisshadow

Id hope that comet and asteroid strikes would leave huge craters on planets : )

I was considering moving an asteroid into near planet orbit to mine then thought what if it got over tractored a bit and fell into the gravity well of the planet and boom hit the surface...should leave a massive crater

"Yes. But the possibilities are low. Don't get me wrong, there are more than a hundred comets and asteroids that could hit the earth at any point in time, were it not for both their's and earth's orbit and the presence of entities such as the sun and Jupiter. Still, thanks to Jupiter's influence, we are at more risk of the giant planet drawing in rocks that cross the earth in their orbit. The developers will have to create algorithms for asteroids and comets that knock on planet's surfaces. You won't want your planet hit by an asteroid or comet every month. Planets that are bigger should also be more likely to get hit by space rocks. One very amazing effect would be that of some comets that hit Jupiter a while back in 1994. Comet Shoemaker Levy-9--it was amazing for those of us that got to see the images. Something like that on Dual Universe, cheers!

As for the people that may live on the struck planet, I suggest you take a good look at Mercury and a number of Jupiter's moons. 

"