Will we be able to build ships or space stations with abnormal shapes?

Malice1

You will only be limited by your imagination and ingenuity. Although ships may be a bit more limited because the thrusters have to be in the correct places to make it go forward, there shouldn't be any limits on stations. The parts like thrusters and turrets are going to be specific preset shapes, but the rest of the building, you just stretch, mold, and duplicate the voxels until you get the desired shape. This video gives a pretty good idea of what building will be like, although have had added new tools like copy now.

Yes you can make stuff like in your picture.  I think even the "floating" disconnected bits.

Unless they've changed it back... But ever since that was stated in a video like a year ago... I've been thinking about making Anime Esk ships with wings... weapon mounting points... whatever... that sorta float next to the main body or have gap joints... 

I fail at describing things... so it took me a while to find something kinda like what I want to make... Something that isn't this but has that disconnected look.

5gDlAll.jpg