Wow this is a heated thread! Guess I'll throw my two cents in !
So regarding OP:
1. I like the ideas of advertising eventually showing up in the game. However I believe it should be only in game advertisement. Like an organization pays a player to host a sign, things like that. No advertisements from the real world.
I understand that the idea is to get novaquark more money but the in game advertising helps to regulate a healthy economy which is a benefit. As soon as you introduce real money being used to influence the action of players, it turns into a very nasty real estate grab for companies to get prime advertisement spots. Also, I don't think many companies would be that interested in advertising in the game. The amount of people that would be exposed to the advertisements would be minimal Which would make their return on investment small enough to not care.
2. I support the idea of being able to personalize things in-game. However the concept of paying money for personalized things in a game which is already using a subscription model is ludicrous. I would rather see players develop custom textures or logos and be able to use those. It could even lean into brands where you may pay a premium for a ship because it has a certain logo so you know it was made by a certain player/organization. But, I don't think this would be technically possible. I praise NQ for a lot of technical things but I really don't see how they could manage allowing custom images and still keep end user performance high. But hey, I'm all for it if they can do it.
3. No, I'd rather see the staff of NQ spending their time improving the core game which would help everyone.
4. The subscription based model is fine. I prefer MMO's where the model is subscription based. This will honestly be the first game I play that is monthly subscription based. However, I believe the content provided is of high enough quality to warrant it.
Honestly, players who don't want to spend money on time they don't have to play, e.g pay for a month when they only have 5 hours or less per month, probably should not play DU. The game will require quite a bit of playing and or grinding. These players' time would probably be better spent on a different game that's not subscription based.
I understand that incomes are different for different parts of the world. And, for some people the current price model is too expensive even with an ok income. For people in those parts of the world I would totally be for them paying less. However, I also understand the impossibility of this. Since there would be some jerks out there who would try to take advantage of this and exploit a cheaper price when they have plenty of money and live in a relatively wealthy country.
5. This just seems kind of silly honestly. I mean I understand where your coming from, but it's just silly. There will no doubt be countless of videos or streams to watch on DU. I would imagine people would watch these, or play on a friend's account to see if they are interested in the game.