All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Last week
  2. Hi Wolfram, I like that idea! I have forwarded your question over for review to see if it's possible. I'll let you know when I find out more.
  3. Now, that is a feature! Tempted to get a subscription again. 😄
  4. And it probably is running on one instance lol --- like there's player-run servers for non-MMOs that see more multiplayer traffic than DU. Otherwise I have to object to the phrase "amazing server tech" because as we all saw many times, their tech never scaled. The premise of the tech never made sense to begin with, so of course it didn't work even at small scales. The entire notion of the single shard was amateurish in retrospect. It served no real benefit and if the game had managed to scale, it would have imploded the world even faster. There's a good reason the Enterprise world is moving back to on-prem infra; you can't just throw an MMO ON AWS and expect it to scale without breaking your bank! That very idea is so amateurish it still makes me cringe. A theme-park style MMO would be a different equation, but the only way DU was ever going to work was with about 10 times as much funding, a bespoke game engine, and NQ standing its own metal. DU is almost lucky that the game's core design was so bad that it didn't attract a mess of people. Even if they were successful in attracting a bunch of players, I think the way they built it guaranteed the game would never work at any scale -- and if they could support it technically, they sure as hell wouldn't have been able to support it financially.
  5. It's been a while since I've looked into DU. The last time I played was during the big change with mining claims, etc. Just doing my annual check-in and it seems like not much has changed since then. It looked at player counts and it struck me how ironic the whole concept of DU is now. They spent so much time building this amazing server mesh tech and now the whole game could run on a single server instance 😄 I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of it all. This will probably be my last check-in. To all you other kickstarters out there: so long and thanks for all the fish!
  6. @NQ-Nyota I noticed there's an glTF option to export the constructs in, which is awesome! I've been looking at ways to work with those files so they have matching colors to what was originally in-game, to avoid doing it by hand, and while it seems to work well for the voxels/honeycomb, I've noticed the elements share some material with the rest of the mesh. Here's an example of two blueprints I had in my inventory, one from a wreck and another from a personal project: The wreck looks good, the elements seem to have the same material as some gray parts from the ship (I think it's gray plastic), but the other one the elements seem to have got the same material as my lumin details, making it look really weird Any chances we can at least have a separate material that doesn't map to any honeycomb for those elements, just so this doesn't happen?
  7. Earlier
  8. Winners for the Pimp My Iron contest will be announced today (April 10th) at 18:00 UTC on Drack's stream! Join me and NQ-Deckard as well as our host Drack as we take a tour of the Stalwart entries and also announce the winners! We hope to see you there! https://www.twitch.tv/xdracksx
  9. Don't re-read the ToS or community rules.
  10. 100% -- just don't hand money over to any Kickstarter project if you expect something back. Otherwise, it's your call on if you want to effectively donate money to a for-profit enterprise. Kickstarter's customer isn't end users, it's businesses. The other issue here....end users represented <5% of NQ's total money raised. So on one hand you have a ton of people representing <5% of the funds, and on the other real investors you have actual obligations to. Crowd funding doesn't really work for MMOs. DU was one of (maybe the top?) KS game in the year it launched, and you can't build a competitive MMO for 500k pounds! The most successful KS projects ever haven't crossed $50 million in funding, while the typical MMO pipeline raises around 4 times that amount through traditional channels. Even DU raised >$20 million, and this from a guy with zero experience in game dev at all. So, yeah, CrowdFunding kind of sucks. Go figure, and entire model based on the "honor system" doesn't work well with capitalism.
  11. Yet again I'm left with the impression that NQ is not an honest company with integrity -- tell new players the honest state of development It's been months and months that they've been hiring only for new game projects and have shelved DU's dev, but they just don't want to tell people that their "subscription" money is being used elsewhere. For a company that once promised to "do much better" with transparency and communication, they are very committed to the opposite.
  12. The tile tax was introduced in order to make it difficult for people to ackquire too many tiles, and in turn have too many resources that the (weak) servers have to manage. Since there is now probably hardly anyone left playing the tax makes no sense at all and should have been removed. But I guess, you actually need a DEV to do that, and there is no one left that works on DU anymore.
  13. I do enjoy this game quite a lot, however i am quite frustrated! as many do I work 40+ hrs. a week and only get to "enjoy" my gaming a few hours a week. How is someone like me ever suppose to progress and enjoy this game? the subscription model I don't like it BUT OK i do understand why and have no problem with that so long if it is enjoyable. what bugs me is the 500,000 quanta a week "rent" on tiles and the schematics are also a huge problem for me, like many many others I don't have that much time to dedicate . Sure i log in every day to get that 100k cause if i didn't I could not do anything when i can put some time in! I am surely not alone in this regard. I'm sure this is falling on deaf ears but if I am going to pay a fee every month for a game I need to be able to enjoy it it should not be such a grind. so yea just saying.......If i cant find an EASY way to make the quanta to "pay" the weekly "rent" just to keep this base off haven that i have worked so hard to build. then i will most likely be out at the end of the month. I have seen and heard many complaints on these two mechanics Bob D. 57,Indiana
  14. At this point crowd funded games appear to be almost exclusively grift. There needs to be an aggressive middle party that has some authority over the project or there's too much money sitting on the table without anyone watching where it goes. I am not opposed to the general concept of crowd funding but the current iterations are broken with regard to game development. IMO, a crowd funded hostile corporate takeover of a studio has a better chance of completing a project and less financial risk to boot. A hand picked exec team for a newly created studio would be ideal rather than handing money to a black box with a studio name already attached.
  15. I`ve promised my self so many times that I will no longer invest in crowd founded games....
  16. Hi Tholian, The judging will take a bit, between the holiday weekend and so many awesome entries. I'm hoping by the end of this week the winners will be announced, but I suspect it will go to next week (week of April 8th).
  17. Please do a quality of life update and let us remove all these lost lives elements with a mouseclick into their parts. and i mean all in a container, not a "single rightclick, scrolldown and find it" thing. Recycling is a thorn in playing, making no fun at all and hurts me physically everytime i see white underlined elements. i think it would be a easy thing to implement it. You would have several options: 1. as a default at salvaging and hitting a damaged element asking for destroying it, you simply could go for recycle instead. And then all further issues would be solved. 2. give the recyclers something to do and recycle things from a container into another one. Perhaps T1 recyclers only can do T1 elements or something like that... but if thats too much developement for you, just go to point 3. 3. just let us mark all elements and right click them to recycle, or use an icon like the remove dynamic properties button.
  18. Not just AAA sub prices, but a price increase at launch. There are a few devs that I have had brief positive interactions with but my overall experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth for NQ. I held more hope for DU than NQ earned and I ignored warning signs I should not have so I accept my part of the blame. I even got my hopes up when I saw an unread icon in the patch notes section, hoping for even the tiniest bug fix to be tossed in. If the goal was disenchantment, disillusionment, or demoralizing then congrats. You win.
  19. When will the winners be announced?
  20. Can you at least simplify the game back to what it was, so the remaining few can enjoy it ? Remove schematics, make warp more cheap, etc. You are giving up on a gold mine. Your statitics and prediction are wrong. Humans dont like perfection, humans like chaos.
  21. I missed the one from yesterday, but I have two clips from the ones that happened last year and shortly after release: It's quite a unique experience, DU is literally the only game I've seen to actually have eclipses on it!
  22. You make that sound like a bad thing. I'm innocent I tell you!
  23. Greetings Noveans, We've deployed a new hotfix. Dual Universe is now in version 1.4.17. The change log can be found here: https://www.dualuniverse.game/launcher/patch/release-1417 We appreciate any feedback you may have about the changes by responding below. Thanks for your support! ❤️
  24. @Sethioz Best of luck to you, and I'm very sorry for the idea that DU has caused you more stress. The devs have the money and resources to fix DU, but they have been recently hiring for other (UE5) game projects, including a "car combat arena" IP. To be harsh, they took the promise, funding, and any shred of revenue gained from DU and decided to work on other games that are less ambitious and more profit-focused. They seemingly stopped working on DU almost a year ago (after their last update in Summer 2023) and don't have the integrity to just be honest and transparent about this fact. Games fail all the time but at least most studios are honest enough to admit it, especially charging people AAA sub prices as they invest that money in other games.
  25. Your Haven base must be full with stuff by now, is there even any space left
  26. Goodbye Dual Universe. I don't think devs and/or publishers are interested in keeping this game alive anymore. in early access days i was invited to try the game, they gave me 6 months gametime, but after they did a wipe, i stopped playing. about 2 years ago they gave me another 12 months gametime so i can make videos, but they're not really interested anymore. I ran out of gametime about month ago and they only gave me 1 month extension .. after trying to reach them for 3 months! what am i going to do with 1 month? i can't get anything done .. it causes me only more stress than i already have. so today i released my last video (probably) that i had ready and think i'm done now. I put all my stuff on haven, so it should be safe in case they decide to provide me more gametime, but otherwise i have no money to pay for the game, specially with cry-worthy views i get from these videos. as long as i can play for free, i don't mind making videos along the way, but game isn't worth paying for. I really like the concept, but 2 big problems for me are: 1) it's not free to play and 2) extreme lag, i get 5-15fps with L-core ships, even tho none of my hardware is under 100% load, otherwise GPU is under constant 100% load for no reason at all, even if i look at ground that has less going on than in minecraft, it still uses 100% of GPU, why? DU is honestly the worst optimized game i have ever seen, it lags SO BAD. there's 0 optimization. i rather not go into details, but anyone who knows how computers work, knows GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) renders what you see on monitor, it turns digital data into pixel-data, which is how graphics are generated. So when you're looking at BLACK page, there's very minimal amount of GPU usage, because it just has to refresh that black screen and nothing else, it doesn't have to calculate new data. This is why in most games when using ultra graphics in 4k, you will start seeing lower FPS in areas that have lot going on, GPU has to do billions of calculations per second to render that image, BUT when you're looking at GROUND, that has just basic texture data, GPU doesn't have to work much at all, but in DU your GPU is under 100% load no matter if you look at ground or not .. this is what i never understood, how can devs not fix this? in fact, one month i played only DU, about 4-8 hours a day and this made me +25eur electricity bill. that's right, cuz of that constant GPU 100% usage i had to pay 25 eur a month more for electricity! in other words, this game just isn't worth it. i've been dealing with extreme depression for over 10 years and this only causes me more stress. If NQ decides to provide me at least 12 months game time, i'm willing to check back every now and then and make some videos, but otherwise i'm done with it. it was fun and i liked building stuff and salvaging, but pay2play + extreme lag just isn't worth it. i thought they will work on optimizing the game, but ever since early access, i haven't seen a single update that addresses the extreme lag and player count keeps dropping, i think they just abandon the project when it's no longer worth upkeeping the servers. another thing i never understood, is why do they boast about the "single shard server" if it won't matter? there are many other MMO games that appear to be "one server", but actually they use multiple servers to spread the load. I KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS, but my point is that from player's point of view, there is NO difference at all. Honestly i'm not even sure if i can bother coming back even if they give me more gametime, this lag is frustrating and causes me more stress and sometimes even headache. I can play all modern games just fine that are optimized. Such as forza horizon 5, resident evil village, expeditions: a mudrunner game, cs2 (graphics update) ..etc and i run them in 4k or 1440p with AMD's upscaler. DU doesn't even have AMD upscaler, it uses the dlss which is not even available on my GPU. on top of that, if you compare DU graphics to any of the mentioned games, then DU looks like minecraft compared to those games, yet it requires like 10x more GPU power .. WHY? anyway, just wanted to post here and say that i'm done with it (probably). as PC expert and gamer, my opinion on why DU is not popular, are the 2 reasons i mentioned 1) it's pay2play and 2) extremely poor performance with high resource usage DU could be amazing if devs would fix lag and make it either 1 time payment or free2play + microtransactions. they could sell element skins, i would have actually paid for some. PlanetSide2 is free2play and uses same mechanic, it's still alive after 12 years with over 3000 daily players because of this concept. I hope DU gets new life kicked into it, but i think chance of this happening is below 1% Here's playlist with all of my DU videos:
  1. Load more activity