How much Hype! did YOU experience?

Silvligh

I dont think its a derail really, if the economy is what hypes you up.

I'm hoping for a regular subscription personally

A player operated exchange is a slippery and uncontrollable thing, it also brings real world factors into the game, potentially, class / wealth and so forth. I understand that subscriptions favor people with less money and more time to play, but opening the possibility to favor people with money over people with time and commitment to the game is more dangerous to me.

Im hoping that the development of in game intellectual property is just that, in game, possibly sold on an internal player exchange for in game currency. That is if the empire that has ownership over the works is willing to sell it.

There may be genius individuals that make good ships, but I believe that with the way the sculpting, applying some lua code, figuring out which modules to slap onto/into ships, testing ships rewriting code - it will probably be the work of groups.

I have a feeling we will probably see subscription, with a Time Code for currency exchange. It might be cool also if they have a direct money to currency exchange. If they did that, technically it would allow for people to pay euro's / dollars ect for items in game, without a complicated exchange for certain items for bid or dollars and no favoritism can leak in.

If they want to put up a creation spotlight kind of thing, I think they let community upvote submitted creations, so the team isnt liable for favoring people - and the community can say what they think is cool

I dont think its a derail really, if the economy is what hypes you up.

I'm hoping for a regular subscription personally

A player operated exchange is a slippery and uncontrollable thing, it also brings real world factors into the game, potentially, class / wealth and so forth. I understand that subscriptions favor people with less money and more time to play, but opening the possibility to favor people with money over people with time and commitment to the game is more dangerous to me.

Im hoping that the development of in game intellectual property is just that, in game, possibly sold on an internal player exchange for in game currency. That is if the empire that has ownership over the works is willing to sell it.

There may be genius individuals that make good ships, but I believe that with the way the sculpting, applying some lua code, figuring out which modules to slap onto/into ships, testing ships rewriting code - it will probably be the work of groups.

I have a feeling we will probably see subscription, with a Time Code for currency exchange. It might be cool also if they have a direct money to currency exchange. If they did that, technically it would allow for people to pay euro's / dollars ect for items in game, without a complicated exchange for certain items for bid or dollars and no favoritism can leak in.

If they want to put up a creation spotlight kind of thing, I think they let community upvote submitted creations, so the team isnt liable for favoring people - and the community can say what they think is cool

Pretty spot on to what I was thinking.

The next question, and we all kind of skim here and there, but what will be the currency in-game? Seeing as how NQ has a vision for everything to be player operated, it gave me the assumption that even a basic economy will be on our shoulders to build. To include finding/making a currency standard. 

I'm not an economic nut, but this is a pretty intriguing topic. :D

ah yes, a random thought I have had while pumping up about the game is if they will allow players/ guilds / empires to create and mint their own currencies.

and wondering a bit about how finite gold / silver / platinum / diamonds might be. if they have any intention of letting players mint / cut  and stamp things with the RDMS