Questions about PvE Missions

Chronepsis

Hi Noveans!

I have build my brandnew battleship but before I start with gunning down some aliens I have some questions (to prevent, that the the aliens eat me instead).

- I ve build a XS ship with XS rockets and a S shield, is this enough for the more easy missions?

- I read about voxel-armor. Did I need a voxel-armor? I am planning to put some Al-Li (T3) voxel around my ship (60% reducing of damage), but then I think it will be very heavy? Did voxel help much when my shield is down?

- I use the very cool Arch-Hud, did it help in combat or better use the standard-HUD?

- Now I am alone in my tiny XS Ship, but I am planning to build a BIGGER ship 😁, I think this is the only way to use more huge weapons, or is it possible to use S or M weapons with my seat? I ve read that you can only use XS weapons with a Hover-Seat, for everything bigger you need a second player and a gunner-seat?

- How does this work with 2 players (or more) in one mission, because there is no way to invite others into a group?

- How hard are the missions? Are they playable or very deadly?

Can't wait to shoot some aliens! 😄

(PEW PEW PEW)

You will probably fail the easy mission.

1.) Use one of the free PvP script.

https://github.com/sleim22/Sleim-Hud
https://github.com/Deadrank/DeadRank-DU

(you will load a script in the gunner seat and a second script in an Remote Controller XS)

2.) You should use an s-core ship, because you want to use a gunner module s-size. There you can fit your s-sized weapons.
(like my S-core fighter... S Rare Capacitor Shield; 1x S Rare phased-array radar, Gunner-module S, Remote controller XS, 6x Rare Cannons)

3.) You can survive the easy mission without a vent. Your choice of Inconel is very strong and with 2-3mio. CCS you will tank a lot in this fight.

(To get a better understanding, you might want to visit Organisation and look at their ship.)
Surrogate: SPPA Alioth Shop
Surrogate: SNS Sentinels Main Base

easy11.jpg

WOW!

Thats a very useful answer! Thanks a lot!

So if I understand this, with the LUA script for Gunner and Remote, I can connect to the remote and also I can use weapons without a second player!

Cool  :)

I didn't imagine that this works.

I think I didn't have enough money and talent-points to arm my ship with 6 rare cannons (!!!) but now I know in which direction I have to go.

Now I am a little bit afraid to meet you in game 😄

Thanks a lot, again!

Oh that's cool, but I think it takes a few days until my new ship (S-size) is ready.

But I have other important questions.

I have installed the "Deadrank HUD" like explained on the page, but it didn't work.

I put the Lua-Skript into Remote and into the gunner chair as explained (similar as ArchHud), but when I connect on the Remote I see the new HUD but I cant't control the ship and I didn't see my weapons, and when I connect to the gunner seat I see only the "Standard Battle View" from the gunner seat and I can't move the ship.

So did I something wrong or forget some keyboard command, I seems that it works, but not as I want.

The slime HUD didn't work, it gives me an error message if I try to load the lua-script from the HUD in game.

Thank you in advance Koffye 😊

Hmmm. You know, i dont use this script personally. I might not know specific problems, but i am selling one ship with SleimsHud and it worked well.

You followed this:

1. Download the 'SleimGunnerHUD.conf' and 'SleimRemoteHud.conf' file
  2. Place them in the DU custom folder inside the DU installation: 'Dual Universe\Game\data\lua\autoconf\custom'
  3. Ingame connect to Gunner Module:
    • Space Radar
    • Weapons
    • (Optional and not recommended when using with the remote script) Shield generator
    • (Optional and only after Space Radar!) Atmo Radar
  4. Make sure your ship has a shield and warp drive if you want to use the Remote script
    • no manual connecting to remote needed
  5. Only after download of new config:
    • Rightclick Gunner Module -> Advanced -> Update custom autoconf list
  6. Rightclick Gunner Module -> Advanced -> Run custom autoconfigure -> SleimGunneerHUD_v1.*
  7. Rightclick Remote Controller -> Advanced -> Run custom autoconfigure -> SleimRemoteHud

Generell würde ich sagen auf die richtige Verlinkung zu achten. Also Radar,Shield und mindenstens eine Waffe anschließen. Danach erst die Scripts reinladen. Den GunnerHUD in den Stuhl reinladen und den RemoteHUD in den RemoteController reinladen. Ich frag mal die Jungs auf dem Discord ob ähnliche Probleme bekannt sind.

13 minutes ago, Koffye said:

Only after download of new config:

• Rightclick Gunner Module -> Advanc

Hab die configs in den Ordner gepackt. Aber wenn ich im Spiel versuche die configs zu laden bekomme ich ne Fehlermeldung. Wenn ich dann auf Bordschützenmodul oder die Fernsteuerung gehe, bekomme ich den SlimeHud nicht zur Auswahl.

Fehler gibt's nur beim Sleim HUD, Archhud und DeadrankHud läd normal.

Befürchte SlimeHud ist noch nicht an das 1.4 Patch angepasst.

2 hours ago, Chronepsis said:

Hab die configs in den Ordner gepackt. Aber wenn ich im Spiel versuche die configs zu laden bekomme ich ne Fehlermeldung. Wenn ich dann auf Bordschützenmodul oder die Fernsteuerung gehe, bekomme ich den SlimeHud nicht zur Auswahl.

Fehler gibt's nur beim Sleim HUD, Archhud und DeadrankHud läd normal.

Befürchte SlimeHud ist noch nicht an das 1.4 Patch angepasst.

It is compatible. You have to drop the files from Github in your Dual Universe lua directory. (In my case F:\ProgramData\Dual Universe\Game\data\lua\autoconf\custom )

Restart your hole client or right click on the gunner chair and click "Update custom autoconf list". Then load your scripts in.

https://du-creators.org/makers/Super Powerful Pro Army/ship/Gray Runner Basic

8754d05c-e20c-430f-b77c-e2666cc46421-800

The only thing i could imagine is, that the script in generel needs lvl 5 handling skills. But i dont want to believe that ^^

• 5 weeks later...

We Need some video on how to PVE. I look around but only see ships shooting at each other and give no idea what there actuating doing. Also finding no info on how to build PVE ships, talents that are needed etc... I don't make a lot of Dual cash and don't want to spend million in ships to learn just to make a thousands in rewards. Maybe have a tutor on PVE where you get free ships to use but the rewards are very small or even nothing. Something like the cargo mission would be super cool. Actually you also need more mission to put more of a variety into the game as to attract more players and keep them longer I think.

If this already exist then please let me know how to find it.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I would suggest skipping Very Easy (XS) and going straight away to Easy (S) mission, the payout is better and you can work better.

Rockets aren't that important, ships in PvE are mostly static and will teleport right behind you if you try to flee away. You're better off spending the money on getting lighter engines (Freights) and better weapons/ammo.

Shield AND honeycomb do play a big role on PvE. Shield will be your primary source of protection, as far you balance it correctly to incoming damage, which varies depending on the ship that's attacking you. Honeycomb are your second line of defense, whenever you vent or run out of shields, that's what's going to protect you, it is a MUST, without it all elements are put to risk and you *will* die very fast after the shield goes down.

Don't use Arch HUD for the PvE missions, use a HUD specifically designed for combat, preferably one you can use with a Remote Controller (you will need that so you can both pilot and shoot). I'm currently using the FOX HUD, which come installed on the ship I bought, it's really nice, lightweight and has shield balancing/venting shortcuts that make life much easier.

If you're interested, reach out to fridaywitch @ Kosmos, she's selling that ship with all boosts applied, it pays for itself after a few runs!

As for being easy or hard, it takes coordination. Easy one is easly to solo, as far you keep your shields up. A few tips:

- Balance your shield based on incoming damage. HUDs play a big role on this, since they can show you what kind of damage you take;

- Avoid rotating your ship while firing, this reduces your hit chance down to 0%;

- Unless it's really necessary, you don't need to make complex maneuvers on PvE, most ships are static, just keep them within range;

- Keep in mind what's the optimal range for your weapons, for the Cannon S I'm using it's between 10-20km;

- Bring as much ammo as you can, if possible, mix between Thermic and Kinetic ammo types (I usually bring 750 Kinetic and 750 Thermic, but only use like 400 of each);

- If you're building your own ship, make it space-only, it will save a ton of mass and allow for more ammo/weapons/honeycomb;

Edited by Wolfram