Finding wrecks?

PaddyBaptiste

Hi all,

I've Seen a few other posts complaining about a limited number of wrecks.

But how do we find wrecks?  I Spotted a W-123 somthing on the point of interest in space map. went to the coords about 15 mins after it apeared in Safe zone... Got there and there was nothing there.

Was I too slow?  
Is a wreck a ship that you need to swap the core on, or do you strip it for parts like an uinclimed ship?

Thanks

The point of interest isn't exact, but the wreck should be in radar range when you get there. If someone beat you to it, it will disappear from the point of interest list.

it's like an abandoned core - you can either strip parts or replace the core.

Replacing the core is best because it stops late arrivals from also stripping parts. It also helps to keep space clean.

(you may have to strip a few parts to get to the core)

I've also been taking core blueprints before I start stripping, it's nice to have a full parts list in case you recycled something you should have kept.

I think I've only seen 5 or 6 unique designs myself, so there are a lot of repeats.

2 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

wrecks at this moment are just BS, its 10 a day? there should be spawning about 10 per 30 minutes to make it a feature. and frankly i rather see npc ships to actually capture then npc wrecks that are just gifts to some.

I see more than 10/day

It seems closer to 1/hour

Edit: I do agree that it would be nice to see more, though.