Multi Monitors Option

Redlance

HI, while playing this game I did find it was a hindrance flying while trying to do talents or do some your crafting, even just to check your nanopacks inventory.

It would be a great option if one was able to have more than 1 monitor utilizing the game and make it all the more immersive.  Just to have these and more on another screen ment not having to close it when ever you want to do something else in game especially while you are looking up schematics and what's needed in these designs.

So I'm hoping someone from Novaquark is listening and take this into consideration.

This is actually a quite good idea. The main issue I can see with it though is how those UI elements are rendered at the moment, which seems to be HTML widgets rendered on top of the game. We'd need to be able to "extend" the whole game window into the two displays and at same time be able to move windows around. The latter is already possible in some level because we can already move the Windowed Codex, so it could be extended to the rest of the UI...

• 1 month later...

Elite dangerous has an API that streams all in game data,  any third-party tool can query that data and create Applications, information displays or other interactive elements based on that data. 

Some tools even create an HTML server based on the data so that you can access the data on your tablet via standard browser.

The elite dangerous third-party ecosystem is truly remarkable.