Lights: Set RGB: SUGGESTION

Hirnsausen

Allow, in addition to the existing formula R,G,B also formulas like this:

(R,G,B) * 2
(R,G,B)/1.3

If one got already the desired color shade for the light, but it is too bright or not bright enough, these formulas allow to brighten or dim the light in an easy way.

With talk/plans to incorporate energy systems (I'll believe it when I see it) a brightness adjustment becomes considerably more complicated (and interesting). 

I have seen some interesting lighting results with LUA so that may be an option if you are looking to achieve a certain visual aesthetic.  If you're just wanting to be able to see it better then you could try supplementing with a luma glass "bulb" surrounded by the color you want to diffuse/reflect.

Luminescent White Glass: not any good option yet for my purpose, but after reset there should be many more variations of "luma", different colors.  But any "lima" might not have that ability to have the same light range as lights.

And I don't want to have to ask other players for too many favors to help me with LUA, though LUA would be indeed a good option if only I could program in that language. I am not good at it, just altered a few variables of existing scripts...

My suggestion above would be ideal, many high-end raytracers use such a syntax.