Beta or Wait till release

CdnBass

Been watching for awhile and looking to join at release. My question is it worth getting into the beta now for a few weeks  before release? Also, will new players start with the same items at release as players in beta?

Cheers,

Cdnbass

Edited by CdnBass
Spelling

• CdnBass changed the title to Beta or Wait till release

You'll get the same items now as at release, apart from any extra goodies that come from the Pioneer Packs (which will require a certain amount of in-advance-of-launch monthly subscriptions ahead of time). If you want to have "faster" progress at launch, you could start now and get a feel for systems. If you're not bothered about that, then starting at launch will be more exciting and there will be far more in-game activity from other players then (it's fairly quiet now). But really, either way is fine so just go with what you feel you prefer.

Note that you can get some extra in-game bonuses by initially creating your game account via Recruit-a-Friend links, which provide benefits for the new account player as well as the referee (as described here). If you would like these, my recruiter link is: https://www.dualuniverse.game/signup?recruiter=30720

Edit: RaF awards are given the first time you log in - they won't repeat for launch if you've already claimed them.

1 hour ago, Distinct Mint said:

RaF awards are given the first time you log in - they won't repeat for launch if you've already claimed them.

I thought those would still be available post launch just as they are resetting the 2FA bonus at launch.  Why would anyone want to use RaF between now and launch if those items will be lost?

3 minutes ago, Wyndle said:

I thought those would still be available post launch just as they are resetting the 2FA bonus at launch.  Why would anyone want to use RaF between now and launch if those items will be lost?

I agree it's not clear, but suggest caution in that a) I don't belief RaF awards were mentioned in the same way that the 2FA ones were for launch, and b) it explicitly says on the RaF webpage: "(Technical condition: the items will be loaded in the referred player's nanopack, right at the start of his/her playtime)", which I admit was written before reset was (officially) on the cards, but it still doesn't fill me with confidence.

I'd be happy for them to appear after launch ofc - those 2 small containers and extra container hub will be a great help!

25 minutes ago, Distinct Mint said:

I agree it's not clear, but suggest caution in that a) I don't belief RaF awards were mentioned in the same way that the 2FA ones were for launch, and b) it explicitly says on the RaF webpage: "(Technical condition: the items will be loaded in the referred player's nanopack, right at the start of his/her playtime)", which I admit was written before reset was (officially) on the cards, but it still doesn't fill me with confidence.

I'd be happy for them to appear after launch ofc - those 2 small containers and extra container hub will be a great help!

If memory hasn't failed me, the items are placed in your nanopack via click menu the same as the daily login.  That is to say that you first have to log in, and once logged in you must click to accept it before you can interact with the game.  More likely than not it is a flag on your account that a new server would see as "haveRaF:  yes, deliveredRaF:  no" with no need for further planning or action from NQ.

I will be putting the obsidian roundtable in the game.  Eventually....  For now I'm happy with the rust skins.

15 hours ago, CdnBass said:

Been watching for awhile and looking to join at release. My question is it worth getting into the beta now for a few weeks  before release? Also, will new players start with the same items at release as players in beta?

Cheers,

Cdnbass

The value of starting ahead of the launch is getting familiar with how the game works.  It has many menus and keyboard shortcuts and you have less risk to experiment with anything and everything since the launch will reset everything except core blueprints.

Thanks for replying. I'm going to wait for release and experience the whole new player feeling. Plus it will give my buddy something to look forward to getting stuff that he can use. 

Cheers, CdnBass