Market Interface feedback

space_man

Being a regular market player, here are my thoughts (also seeing that this minor update didn't get a dedicated post, lets taco-about the update).

Pros:

* Filters are great, good job. Gold star!

* Market settings also good!

* Animations, fast and slick.

* Line wrap for the quanta total is really bad to look at, when looking at the Orders Page, the stacked numbers just is horrible to look at.  

* Average selling price is not weighted. Look at somebody selling 155 units of bauxite for 9990 quanta. That drives the average selling price to over 700 quanta.

* How come there isn't a filter for selecting just buy or sell orders? 

* Why is there no lower/upper limit on buy or sell orders. The 0.01 cent orders are really annoying.

* On the Orders page, could you add the "View Market Page" button like we have the the Storage page.

* Sort by Value, is alphabetically ordered, not numerically ordered. 

Ideas:

* For the entire game's text interface, have you considered adding a text size for the users. When I'm playing on my 1080p projector, I'm barely able to read anything, and this would be a great accessibility feature.

* Also for the entire game, could you add the ability to change the font colors. I really don't care for light blue on blue on different blue. 

* Could you add sell/buy order trade volumes, and other market quant fields, the market stats very minimal, and there's no API to do this myself. A market API would be *chef's kiss* 

* When searching the market place, a toggle to show schematics would be great. Default, it should be off.

* When searching the market place, a toggle for hiding honeycomb or materials, if you added more material types to distinguish between honeycomb and product would make sense.

* When searching the market place, a tier option would again be *chef's kiss*. Bonus if you add elastic search e.g. a search for industry brings up all industry (like the normal container) 

* Ability to change the order of, add/remove columns in the "orders" page. A column for tier of element, would be amazing. 

* A resizable window, would be nice especially when flying. Ideally a dedicated pop-out window for the interface, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. 

* Transparent background, also super nice when flying and shopping. 

* Unerf the storage durations... When selling low volume things such as schematics, or honeycomb, or ammo, its very annoying to have to update these orders every 90 days. 

* Add the ability to link to the market container. 

* Bring back element destruction, and add more element sinks (think about NPCs)

Bugs:

* Cannot update an order with the quantity of 1000+

* Expired orders still work if instant buying, didn't confirm this but its been an issue for a while.

* Can't move more than one thing out of the market container at a time. Didn't confirm this, but its a been an issue for a while.

* Many longer named markets "Sanctuary" or "Thades Moon" wrap so that you can't see the market name when looking in the "Storage">"Market Container">"Marketplace" drop down.

** In the drop down, there is no space between the market name and the distance so what you see is: NameDistance

* The word Market is in different locations: "Aegis Space Market" vs "Market Alioth District 06"

* Unconfirmed saved changes, dialog pops up randomly when changing views. Seems to happen once after login.

* Missing Uncommon Safe Engine XL in the drop down search

I'll add that it's very annoying to be limited to the nearest market, in the Marketplace filter. This should not default to the nearest market, or the market interface needs a settings page where you can change that. The default behavior should be to show all, and then you can narrow down your search, should you need to.

Another thing I have noticed... Uncommon Safe Space Engine XL doesn't exist in the overview of the market interface, if you just search for space engine xl. Schematic is shown, but not the element. And I have checked that it's not just hidden because of zero orders, because Exotic Freight space xl has no orders, and that shows up just fine.

I have scrolled down as far as I can, here:

image.thumb.png.3f45868b25840bec5a9c3fb34a9db2ff.png

Edited by Mncdk1