Bug: Brake force applied in the wrong direction

Yoarii

Hello,

I want to bring some attention to an issue previously discussed on the DU Discord and by Koruzarius in their "airbrakes don't just brake!" video.

I've found that what is explained in that video is not only correct, but much worse when you have no wings on the construct.

In the video in the two linked time stamps below I'm flying a construct with no wings or stabilizers; only engines and brakes are used. The controller script is a custom one that I'm working on.

1. Travelling 45 degrees upwards when brakes are applied with construct-forward orthogonal to the gravity vector. 
  2. Travelling 45 degrees downwards when brakes are applied with construct-forward orthogonal to the gravity vector.

In the first one you can clearly see that when the brakes are enabled (the light in the front of the construct lights up, and also visible in the "brakes" widget) the construct makes a drastic change of direction upwards. Likewise, in the second one the construct makes a direction change downward.

The expected behaviour is that the velocity shall decrease with a maintained direction, but instead we get this drastic direction change.

@NQ-Deckard and/or @NQ-Ligo could you please give your input on this? Surely this can't be the intended functionality of brakes?

For the record, the brake acceleration I give to the setEngineCommand is always in the negated direction of the current velocity vector.

Br,

Yoarii