Docking / placing a ship onto another one: Maybe I am doing it wrong or Maybe this is a game suggestion

ADCOne

So I know docking was added to the game to prevent unauthorised pirating, as opposed to people actually pirating by shooting weapons however, I am trying to make a ship that will allow other ships to dock and all the small ship does is bounce off the larger ship. This is a bit of a problem since I would like the ship to rest on there later on and I am trying to make the landing pad a better size to match the ship I am trying to land.

I would also like to make entrances to allow extra small ships inside this medium ship and I am guess they are just going to bounce off too.

So Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Or is this a suggestion to update the docking to allow these activities to work without allowing the unauthorised pirating? 

Thanks for any help in advance :)

(I have tried putting forcefields around the landing area to keep the ship bouncing inside that area however, it does manage to bounce out again)

On 5/5/2022 at 6:39 PM, ADCOne said:

Never mind - If you change the docking settings to auto dock with your own ships it works fine 👍, glad its not taken me days to figure it out though :D

How to do auto docking?

On 5/8/2022 at 10:44 AM, CDEEKS said:

How to do auto docking?

When you are piloting a ship the default interface has it in the bottom right of the screen (A section for docking). You have to use the tab key to allow the mouse to move over to change the options.