Market Parking and Advertizing

Hirnsausen

I propose a set of some interesting new rules to be tried out:

SUGGESTION 1

1 - REMOVAL
Any core construct will automatically be compacted after 7 days of placement/landing and remain available for pick-up by the owner after a mandatory storage time of 2 weeks. This applies for the entire purple-marked area on the map), inclusive land surface and platforms and building and constructs of other players within the purple areas. The minimum parking time of 7 days is required as we need to prevent players that are temporary disabled to play to get their constructs compacted. A very visible notification is displayed to the owner and remains accessible until the player deletes that notification.

2 - EXCEPTIONS
The 7-day counter is reset if that construct has been outside of any  purple area for at least 48 uninterrupted hours. With other words:: no moving around between different purple areas.

3 - LIMIT OF REBUILDING
For the duration of 48 hours, the owner of an existing placed or removed or disassembled construct on a purple area cannot place or build a new construct inside any purple area of that planet.

3 - RETRIEVAL

Each planet has only one area where the compacted construct can be retrieved after the storage time of two weeks: that is the Mission Pick-Up Area. There will be a special container, similar to a dispenser, which will contain the compacted construct(s) after those two weeks. There is no fee to be paid to retrieve the compacted structure, as the 2-week storage duration is already serving as a reminder not to use public platforms as long-term host. All stored compacted constructs will be hosted without any expiration date, that will allow players that are disabled for the one or other reasons not to lose their asset(s). The storage of that planet also holds compacted constructs that were compacted on any of the own moons. A player can mark a compacted construct inside that container as obsolete, in this case the compacted construct will be destroyed completely.

WHAT I TRIED TO ACHIEVE

Everyone has the right (I believe) to do some little advertizing. But it must not be too much, nor should advertizing be limited to only a few. Nor should advertizing occupy the entire platform(s), nor should advertizing constructs block movements of any vehicle nor should advertizing cause errors, ship crashes, or even game or PC crashes.  The rules above allow some advertizing, but only for a limited time. After that time, the place will become free and accessable again -for other advertizers or for the movement of vehicles. We willsee a lot of change on the platforms with these rules, everyone has a chance to advertize but also people misusing that possibility will lose for some time the construct. And bypassing with new constructs is also disabled with these rules.

SUGGESTION 2

Novaquark installs a long wall of dispensers and L screens inside the market building or at its bottom or close to the market platform, and players or organizations can rent them for different time periods and pay Quanta for them. This way they can advertize but the lags and error messages and game or even PC crashes should be prevented. Each market should have at least 100 rentable dispensers/screens. Any other advertizing inside purple areas can be reported and Novaquark would then destroy that construct entirely without any compensation.

Dear players or NGs, if you have suggestions to make these rules better, please add them as comment. We need perfect rules to prevent any cheating or bypassing of what these rules try to accomplish. If  your suggestions make sense to what I have in mind, I will modify these rules above. In any case, ANY feedback is welcome and appreciated, this includes critical feedback as well.

Edited by Hirnsausen

• Hirnsausen changed the title to Market Parking and Advertizing

Deny advertising, add actual billboards with Quanta pricing. It would create price wars between ORGs fighting over advertising.

- WAR > Forced Progress > Industry > Innovation and design > repeat ( Only cycle we have at the moment is Piracy > Combat > Design > Industry, a less frequent matter altogether )

@Hirnsausen I was just about to suggest basically the same idea, but I was imagining it working more as a "towing service".  I think in priority, it's more important to clear out the inactive users' constructs than to clean out constructs that have just been there a while.  I believe your idea works, but maybe the 7-day counter should reset if a user logs into the game.  So, if a users' construct has been within the "purple zone" for more than 7 days and they haven't logged into the game, their construct is compacted and can be retrieved from the Mission Pick-Up Area as you stated.

Additionally, to resolve the issue of too much advertising or people getting "in the way" of regular normal trading activities:  I believe the landing pad for the markets could be segmented.  A large area around the market center itself should be designated as "temporary parking only" (24 hour only, tow zone, period.) so that people who intend to leave their "advertisements and shop constructs" would have to move them to a designated "longer-term parking" area around the outside edges of the landing pad  (7-day offline tow zone, those logged in can leave their constructs there indefinitely.).  This would limit the available curb-appeal spaces while still allowing people to utilize the market landing pad as a place to do business with people visiting the markets.

My two cents!

- D4rkFiche

D4rkFiche

Yes, your thoughts have depth. I want to come back to your suggestion of designated advertizing areas. But before, I woudl also suggest to make the landing platform for BUYER and SELLER ships who aim to do business inside the existing market building, 10x larger. So many more normal market users can land there.

Now, coming back to your Designated Advertizing Platform (DAP). This is an excellent idea. I would suggest not to have them all around the regular market platform as they could still cause game crashes for those who have to fly over them. But they should be located just on one side of the regular market, and in 500 m distance. So incoming and outgoing ships would not be affected anymore by lags, bugs, game or even PC crashes. Only ships coming or going to one direction will still have to fly over these dense advertizing areas, their captains must surround that new advertizing area - something we can live with.

To keep the markets lean and clean, my suggested rules should still apply to the regular market platform even if it is 10x larger in the future, hopefully. Remember, just some of the construct owners are inactive due to sickness, Internet outage, travel or other events. Most construct owners are active but don't move their constructs for the one or other reason (advertizing).

D4rkFiche

You bring me to yet another idea: Novaquark installs a long wall of dispensers and L screens, and players or organizations can rent them for different time periods and pay Quanta for them. This way they can advertize but the lags should be prevented. Each market should have at least 100 rentable dispensers/screens. Any other advertizing can be reported and Novaquark would then destroy that construct entirely without any compensation.