Total Ship Destruction?

mtggeek

I am curious if there is or will be total ship/construct destruction? Or are elements infinitely repairable? If they are infinitely repairable, then it would be pointless to be a shipyard org or ship builder. Those types of orgs/jobs would not be economically sustainable. I have been searching for any current data/post stating as much. More information would be much appreciated. 

On 11/1/2020 at 10:03 PM, mtggeek said:

I am curious if there is or will be total ship/construct destruction? Or are elements infinitely repairable? If they are infinitely repairable, then it would be pointless to be a shipyard org or ship builder. Those types of orgs/jobs would not be economically sustainable. I have been searching for any current data/post stating as much. More information would be much appreciated. 

Element destruction is coming, it's just not implemented yet. The info released was that elements will be able to be repaired like the current mechanic, but only a certain number of times and then it can no longer be repaired and for all intents and purposes is destroyed. How they actually go about it we don't know yet, bit JC in the recent interview confirmed it. And it "seems" like it could even be in a patch that comes before the end of the year. That is speculation though.