Zenith Expo performance short feedback

Esco-RP

I dont know how NQ did this but the performance at the Zenith Space Expo is incredible! No lag, high fps and detailed ships to the horizon.

I remember one expo in alpha where I had do stay 2 minutes next to a ship until it was fully loaded..

Great job!

(I wanted to post something nice since usually people complain ;))

The performance at the expo location does provide some interesting data and I do hope NQ took notes and will now be using the collected data to improve performance elsewhere.. 

The expo, besides being very well setup and organized, showed that many construct in one location does not cause the lag we see at districts, many players being there does not do it either. I've heard ppl talk about trees being an issue but I doubt that. I think it's more the scripts and RDMS for the market terminals.

Many lessons to be learnt for NQ from this event.. it was a really good event and shows that the server tech itself is certainly up for the task. Will we get any communication from NQ of this, probably not. But I damn well hope they took notice and not just to boast how well their tech worked but more so to get their own builds performing as well..

10 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

The performance at the expo location does provide some interesting data and I do hope NQ took notes and will now be using the collected data to improve performance elsewhere.. 

The expo, besides being very well setup and organized, showed that many construct in one location does not cause the lag we see at districts, many players being there does not do it either. I've heard ppl talk about trees being an issue but I doubt that. I think it's more the scripts and RDMS for the market terminals.

Many lessons to be learnt for NQ from this event.. it was a really good event and shows that the server tech itself is certainly up for the task. Will we get any communication from NQ of this, probably not. But I damn well hope they took notice and not just to boast how well their tech worked but more so to get their own builds performing as well..

It's the LUA scripts. There were a handful of ships that DID cause freezes.

I'm pretty sure it is the scripting mostly as well.. it's something NQ really needs to get improved as more and more ppl use Lua and there are some glaring and clear problems with it performance wise.

But I don't want to get too far off topic as OP is right, this event was great in many ways and for me does show that NQ's server tech works very well..