Performance in tutorial?

Guest Sunshadow

Guest Sunshadow

Hi!

I'm a new player and trying to do the tutorial. Now arrived at the first moon to claim my territory, but it is absolutely unplayable.

Already tried with the lowest settings. My GPU is at 100%. Is there a chance to improve performance?

My System:

I9 9900k

1080TI

32GB Ram

1 hour ago, Guest Sunshadow said:

Hi!

I'm a new player and trying to do the tutorial. Now arrived at the first moon to claim my territory, but it is absolutely unplayable.

Already tried with the lowest settings. My GPU is at 100%. Is there a chance to improve performance?

My System:

I9 9900k

1080TI

32GB Ram

Have you tried relogging, when you enter new zones that are busy your pc have to cache a lot of assets etc (particularly early in the game) after that busy areas should be fine.  I run slightly pretty similar spec to you and the game runs pretty well, apart from loading in busy areas on some occasions.

This thread has caught my attention. I came to the forums today because my husband is having the same issue. He tried playing the game last night and the performance in the tutorial was so bad, that he had to turn the game off. We tried some typical troubleshooting steps, but we could not get the game to run smoothly.

My computer runs this game flawlessly, and my specs are worse than the OP's (i7 processor with 16 GB of RAM). My husband's computer is weaker than mine (some AMD processor and 8GB of RAM), but I have seen his computer run No Man's Sky flawlessly with High Graphics at 1920x1080 at 60FPS. His computer is a premade store computer built for gaming that is less than a year old. The graphics card for our computers are very similar.

I know his RAM seems low, but RAM is really more of a thing to cut loading times in games anyway and games crash when there is not enough of it. Besides, the OP is reporting the same issue with 32GB of RAM.

Something is going on here and I do not think it is computer spec related. My computer is weaker than the OP's and the game runs fine for me, including the tutorial just a few nights ago. My husband's computer has no issues running other modern games at higher settings, but struggled in the tutorial of this game so much, that he could not continue playing.

If the problem is computer specs related, then that spells an even bigger problem for this game's future. My husband bought his computer at Best Buy, less than a year ago, for $1000. The computer was marketed as a gaming computer. If a computer like that is not capable of playing this game at a level that players can actually play, then there is a very steep requirement for new players to access the game.

It's the massive amount of ships near the starting areas, it absolutely kills performance. There was a few times where FPS hit single digits when I was doing the tutorial. Once you get away from the bajillion ships, performance goes up... But it still kinda chugs sometimes.