Some Beta Suggestions After a Few Weeks of Play

Bowman

I've been playing DU now for a few weeks and love the game.  Great game design and well thought out in several areas.  That being said (ha ha) ... a few

suggestions

It would be nice if some elements of the UI were saved to how you last used them:

1.  Whenever I get into my ship, I always have to click on the Insert key to get the outside view (forgot what you call it, 3rd person view?)
      It would be nice if I didn't have to do that every time, have it automatically default to the last piloting view I used, or allow me to set default view as an option.

2.  Search/Scan for ore tool.  Keep it set to where I last configured. 

3.  Map - keep selections saved between map openings

CRAFTING:

4.  Need some kind of favorites or history of recipes used - so I don't have to keep searching the tree every time
      I want to craft something or using a textual search.  Yeah, textual search is cool, but drop downs are faster and easier to use

such as 'saved favorites' or 'recently used" recipes.

5.  When I commit to Nano crafting, it's annoying that as a job is being done, the "Not enough Material" flashes red even though
      a job is active and there was/is enough material.  This is just weird.  I get that you want some kind of

indicator that a limit has been reached but a better way to implement this would be to only allow the user to "dial up" the

counter  to the maximum amount of material available.  Give a warning sound if the user tries to build more than material present
      but only when actively spinning the dial or entering a number to large.  (With a brief popup explanation.)  Don't give

the warning if a job is submitted and becomes successfully active.

MAP

6.  Icons on the Map interface need a bit more information with mouse-over.  When I put my mouse over an icon,
     some information should come up like (Market Hub 5) or name of base etc.  Even better a right click can provide some
     contextual information on said icon

RDMS
7.  RDMS was possibly the most frustrating experience I've had after a few weeks of play.  I think I get what is

trying to be done - and there is a need for a really fine tuned complex handling of access to elements and bases etc.
     That being said, I would suggest there be two version of RDMS.  Sort of like BIOS in today's more modern MOBOS.  Have

an easy mode RDMS system, that will sit on top of an EXPERT mode RDMS (which is pretty much what you have now).
     So this won't entail you reworking the entire system, you just need to make it more accessible for players who don't
     need or want to deal with excessive 'permission' handling.