Weapons only by player research

Context

I was brainstorming and had two idea's collide.

1. It would be better for everyone, including those who want large scale warfare, if it is initially hard to make weapons to kill each other.

2. Lore wise, why would we all be on the same Ark ship with the intention to wake up and immediately pull out those gun designs and begin shooting each other.

Therefore I would suggest, barring a few simple basic designs which can easily be lore'd away as prepared for protection against predators and hunting for food. The entire tech tree of weapons first has to be researched by players by choice. We have to choose to want to harm our fellow humans (we're going almost without a doubt, but still). 

Sure we do seem to have a large criminal faction, but this gives them incentive to invite those who want to play the mad scientist designing diabolical, or stealthy weapons for their dark deeds.

I'd love to see actual and ingame R&D in DU. Gather resources/craft certain items and then take them to some kind of R&D bench to research a new weapons BP. This would lure ppl in too and give them smth to do - hunt those next materials to research the next weapon. In time, those BPs will spread in DU so everyone gets access after some time to those weapons. But the top ones may only be available to certain groups who rly dedicate themselves to research and produce those guns

NQ would have to continually design better guns to implement this feature if you want it to go on forever. It would be possible to just have it at the start of the game to slow down pvp, which I think would be a good idea, but it would eventually be where everyone had the highest tech weapons, after which the feature would be useless

they could make it where the blueprints only do finite guns, which would make it even slower to get to the saturation point

Darn, just had to remove a bunch because I realized this was not an NDA area. I guess I can only say, the fundamentals of DU are different than other games and if the research is in a horizontal pattern rather than vertical, where everything is already max tech, or near to it...or rather then research the weapon tech, throw in a few hurdles to produce weapons or something.