Alpha 2 information

PaulVee

I recently bought a contributor pack which means I'll have to wait for alpha 2 to start and I was wondering if there's any more information about when it starts other than first half of this year? April has some alpha 1 tests still scheduled so we can narrow it down to may or june, but is there any information out there that may narrow it down further? Any other information, like discussions of new content or design choices would also be appreciated.

P.S. Am I the only one that got confused by the icon used by this website? I thought the page crashed in the middle of loading because it looks like a page loading indicator that froze.

Aside from what has already been publicly discussed (which you seem to already know), an exact date hasn't been nailed down yet.

NovaQuark is vague with their timeline to keep people from setting expectations on the flow of development which can lead to disappointments if those expectations aren't met due to unforeseen bugs and delays.

Sorry if as players/testers, we're being a little vague on details that NQ hasn't already discussed openly. We're all bound by an NDA and breaking it can lead to some pretty severe consequences.

@DarkHorizon Is there going to be an NDA for alpha 2 and is there more information about the specifics of it? I'm wary of signing a legal NDA after my previous experience with one. I feel like this should've been mentioned on the store page since this (depending on specifics) may have dissuaded me from buying the pack.

3 hours ago, PaulFisher said:

@DarkHorizon Is there going to be an NDA for alpha 2 and is there more information about the specifics of it? I'm wary of signing a legal NDA after my previous experience with one. I feel like this should've been mentioned on the store page since this (depending on specifics) may have dissuaded me from buying the pack.

Ahh, unfortunate indeed. You can read up on the NDA here which extends per my knowledge all the way until either the start of beta or release, but I can say for sure that the entire alpha phase is under NDA and such content can never be disclosed publicly until pretty much the end of time.

If you feel that you can't uphold the NDA then feel free to poke support as I believe they have a very generous refund policy, but don't quote me on that.

@DarkHorizon It appears I don't have permissions to view that link with the NDA, I guess it's for people in the alpha only. I was able to find this, but that isn't too helpful and the links there are also locked away. But from the information that is there it does appear I would be better off not participating in the alpha at all. The problem isn't my inability to uphold one by the way, but my unwillingness to enter into one.