Real Rares.

Majestic

Hmm, I'm not sure where your getting the gearscore and epix legendaries ideas from, I think your reading this post completely wrong. You mentioned WoW first in this post, I'm just replying trying to suggest an idea for some extra fun on top of what the game is.  I am talking about introducing random inanimate objects that serve no purpose other than to be a reward/trophy.  Some people like that sort of thing, if you don't then as it's an inanimate object you can choose to participate or not.  In an open world the more there is to do the better.

My influences are from before Wow I have no intention of suggesting any of its gameplay.

Oh, sorry, my bad, thought you were agreeing on Lynk's comment. 

Yeah, your idea is cool in a cosmetic fashion, but again... these kind of gameplay aspects do not apply on a game of DUAL's scale.  The strategic points will be these kind of items. Like in EVE, if you controlled certain regions, it meant power and everyone tried to take them from you.

'Stategic points'...That kind of leans towards another discussion I was looking at, someone was asking if the game would be full pvp or if there will be pve zones or even just safe zones.

It would be nice to have something to do on the days you cba to pvp, I know there's mining but even that would be under the shadow of pvp?

'Stategic points'...That kind of leans towards another discussion I was looking at, someone was asking if the game would be full pvp or if there will be pve zones or even just safe zones.

It would be nice to have something to do on the days you cba to pvp, I know there's mining but even that would be under the shadow of pvp?

Well, Smuggling is Economic Warfare. Hitting a marketplace's prices to get them lower, is economic warfare. Miners are Resource Warfare, as they keep your logistical attrition in check. 

PvP is not simply "stab pew-pew, omgzor I critted for 9001 Dmg!" , it's way more sophisticated the more you dwell in a specific system.

Weaponsmiths fight with armorsmiths and vice versa on a designing of ships level. Tacticians fight with each other's plans.

Having a nexus of stargates leading to one trading hub, makes that hub a CENTERPIECE and a unique thing due to the wealth it provides to the owners of the area.

Just saying. We don't need Holy Grails to be a cup, they can be entire star systems.

Does that make getting an area 'rare' the privvy of larger groups? I mean if your a solo player or a small group couldn't you effectively be excluded from that part of the game if a large group has taken ownership, or is that where the games politics come into it?

Does that make getting an area 'rare' the privvy of larger groups? I mean if your a solo player or a small group couldn't you effectively be excluded from that part of the game if a large group has taken ownership, or is that where the games politics come into it?

How would a small group hold an area like that, please, do elaborate. It is a privilege for a larger group, with massive logistics backing to hold that area. Would it be fair for someone who organises a 3000 members alliance to be as powerful as a 50 man organisation? It would be game-breaking and it would make empires be pointless.

Chances are, most of us will be grunts in a war. We won't be generals. I'm in it for the scale, not my ego to be honest. I like 'splosions :P

And yes, politics may play a role, but then again, imperlialism is a thing, so, politics may only adhere to people with mature minds. Ain't not 13 year old gonna sit down and have a constructive diplomatic conversation with you, involving taxes, income, logistics and manpower shiftings.

How would a small group hold an area like that, please, do elaborate. It is a privilege for a larger group, with massive logistics backing to hold that area. Would it be fair for someone who organises a 3000 members alliance to be as powerful as a 50 man organisation? It would be game-breaking and it would make empires be pointless.

Well thats why I'm asking, I didn't play Eve so I'm not sure how the gameplay works on large scale space games.  Presumably it makes sense to join some group early on and the larger the better?

Well thats why I'm asking, I didn't play Eve so I'm not sure how the gameplay works on large scale space games.  Presumably it makes sense to join some group early on and the larger the better?

Well, it's more like a corporation group with subsidiaries.

An alliance is essentially a collection of smaller orgs. Some of them have specialties, like a Spec Ops group or a bomber group. They are then called to perform certain tasks, like bombing X Y Z areas to destroy enemy placements or fortifications.

This is why larger groups get to control more areas. 

Of course, EVE's combat system revolved around "point and click adventure" PvP from 2001, it's an old game. 

In DUAL, you got the whole system with active lock-on as the devs seem to gravitate to with how they handle the building tools, you point somewhere, you cast an Area of Effect damage calculations on the voxels and deal damage to them, with a chance to hit depending on size of the ship and its distance, along with weapon specifications, like RPM, accuracy etc. 

In theory, a smaller group can pull a Rebels vs Death Star situation, with five hundred jet fighters going up against a Dreadnought (a super battleship) and perhaps, win, if they were to destroy all of the battleship's weapons on it and then pummel it to death (if they don't run out of fuel or ammo before they can destroy it of course). 

But still, one victory, doesn't guarantee you the war, as the Romans have taught us. Winning a siege and having the manpower to hold the castle are two different things.

So yeah, if you ask it that way, a smaller group has its uses, sure. But it wouldn't be able to cover up for logistics, no matter how you see it.

Oh I'm liking the complexity of this game more and more.  There is potential for so much.

Well, welcome on board the Hype Train :P You now know why we are so excited from a PvP stand-point :P

You don't have to be a kill-machine to take part on PvP. You can be the Wolf of Wall Street in space :P

I think "spice" like from DUNE novel will be rare. With such substance you will be able to teleport (interstellar) travel without ship using fuel!!!

Gamebreaking mechanics : You are acquainted with them..

I stil think some sort of rares system could work, even if its only cosmetic. With so much building going on it would be nice to be able to collect things to make your constructs unique. Similar how on old beach shack might have bits of old wreckage nailed to it or some weird ornate piece on the wall.

A 'rare' event could be something like a Comet, once a month or whatever it passes through some sector of space, Aphelia pre-warns of its arrival, give people enough time to get their battle gear ready, then it becomes a fun battle to try and gain conttrol of that sector temporarily so you can harvest whatever is either on the comet or what is tail leaves behind, or even just a free for all scrap for the materials/items.