The "Holy Trinity fleet"

Enjoyvirtuallife

1 hour ago, Vorengard said:

This is exactly the type of outcome we need to avoid. Gaming as a whole can do better than everyone flying the same thing because that thing is best in the current patch. Thats simply bad game design and balance, and it's the biggest hallmark of EVE. This month it's the Ishtar, next month it's the Machariel, then masses of Whelp-Canes, and on and on. Maybe you're happy with that type of meta, but I find it oppressive.

I don't pretend to know how to solve this issue, but that doesn't mean it isn't a problem. I only hope NQ can find a way to institute systems that make ship diversity and playstyles competitive without having to institute a constant Nerf merry go round just to stop certain setups from dominating. 

Well suchyou a thing will be very hard to counter, just because

1) the devs can't think of every possible abuse/exploit

2) people get very creative

3) if some module/element is good because of it's stats then people will use that

4) it's hard to counter blobs

I have no solution either. But imho this isn't really an issue with elements or ships it's way deeper than "just" that. Blobs are favored in eve because there is no dmg threshold, the ONLY place where blobs have no power is w-space because large fleets can't enter. 

Eve's "problem" (which I disagree on, because that's just what people do- they learn and use certain ships (=doctrines, meta)) only exists in null/low because there's no dmg limit. So the problem isn't really a problem in wspace because of other mechanics. And if NQ does this right, then it doesn't matter if people choose a doctrine or not: they can do whatever they want and won't be forced to fly certain ships iwth certain elements. 

And I rly don't think that doctrines are bad, it's just natural to streamline your force so the fc knows exactly what the fleet can do