Cover Photo Help

Valhalo

So I have been attempting to create a cover photo for my Profile page, however I encountered the issue that once I upload the image it is extremely 'zoomed in' as it is only showing a portion of the image, and I cannot find any options to resize it, I'm not entirely sure what the issue is, I tried large and small images and the results are the same. I am possibly missing something extrememly obvious here but if anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong it would be much appreciated. 

33 minutes ago, Valhalo said:

So I have been attempting to create a cover photo for my Profile page, however I encountered the issue that once I upload the image it is extremely 'zoomed in' as it is only showing a portion of the image, and I cannot find any options to resize it, I'm not entirely sure what the issue is, I tried large and small images and the results are the same. I am possibly missing something extrememly obvious here but if anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong it would be much appreciated. 

Are you uploading a square image?

What are you viewing it on? That could be an issue. Bear in mind that the width of the screen will have an effect on it; on mobile, having your phone sideways or vertical will crop the image on different ways. It's possible that the aspect ratio you're uploading is just not liked, it's probably trying to fit one or the other to the size of the banner in a way that doesn't look good.

I'd suggest making a banner the exact size and shape of the one on your profile as you see it, and see if it messes that up.

7 minutes ago, Valhalo said:

I have attempted many different image sizes ranging from 600x400 to 1200x300 all banner shaped, is there s specific size I should use?

The one that I use (you can see on my profile) is actually a large pretty much square image and then DU allows you to preposition it afterward to get the section that you want.