Some interesting ideas and other stuff

Malscythe

Seeing as how this thread is just going to be mainly an idea I believe this is a fitting place for it.

So from what I have seen from the tech demo there is not much in the way of building or mining (yet), but I do imagine that when the game is fully released and we are drawing dicks on the surface of planets where ever we go there will be mining lasers and various other types of items we need to worrys about. But my biggest issue with the tech demo is placement of items at the moment there is no clear definition on how we will make stuff I understand that you can adjust size of the block you will place but there needs to be a preset up for everything so let me get to it down below!

Blueprinting before building & Shipyards

Rather then placing a bunch of blocks I want you guys to direct your selves to how making a ship in the video game Shores of Hazeron (now closed) and how they worked out ship construction, it was based on a building that let you design a ship made you deposit minerals and materials to build the ship so you can fly it around and told you everything from power consumption to firepower and everything in between. The biggest issue currently is the fact no one wants to fly around a fucking 1km ship getting every detail right so you would need some type of shipyard that would generate the ship for you and would progress through building stages until the shipyard is done and you have finished producing materials. Yes I know the developers want the game to be how they have it in their game but that is quite annoying to do I really do believe barely anyone is going to get beyond a 2.5km in size and it is going to be very few people and or groups who do go up to 2.5km.

Advantages

The advantages to having it this way is that people would set their sites on the stars, combat, trading and much more where if someone who just made an exact replica of Voyager from Star Trek would be very reluctant of loosing it find a very very far off place where no one has gone or rarely goes because they spent x amount of time on building it and they have every exact idea correct and they do not want to do it again where if it is a blueprint and assembled in shipyards then it is as easy as queuing up another construction job and gathering the materials.

Disadvantages

The disadvantages to having this system is you are limiting the key element that people are looking into this game. (insert more disadvantageous crap here.)

Now I know a lot of you are going to express you disappointment with this but please I am open to seeing all of your comments and hearing criticism and if you would like to grow on these ideas please do so!

Edited by Malscythe

So this next idea is pretty straight forward easy working and not much complication to it in my opinion.

Research and Style development

Now I liked the idea that was brought up by Abyzmi and you can find his thread here ---> https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/1105-crafting-system/

What he explains in his thread is a style editor which you can modify a piece of clothing in a certain way to give a different flare then what someone else has. I though what a great idea but how can this be applied to a ship?

Well the idea would be to use the "blueprint" machine I mentioned in the main post to design an object in a certain way to make your interior a unique look or to have your launchers or whatever type of arms and exterior items we have.

For the research side it will be an interesting idea it would be a improvement idea so each corporation/empire/group whatever you want to call your group has various levels of technology to have a large group. So for example if everyone was put on an equal playing field it would be who can get the drop or who has more ships which is not what you want to eliminate but you want to make it so people have a reason to focus on other fields. A good example of this if someone has superior armor quality and different metals to protect themselves then they would obviously be more resistant to different types of damage and have better stealth options and among other capabilities. Another example would be better mining equipment and better engine output for faster speeds and power/fuel efficiency.

Seeing as how this thread is just going to be mainly an idea I believe this is a fitting place for it.

So from what I have seen from the tech demo there is not much in the way of building or mining (yet), but I do imagine that when the game is fully released and we are drawing dicks on the surface of planets where ever we go there will be mining lasers and various other types of items we need to worrys about. But my biggest issue with the tech demo is placement of items at the moment there is no clear definition on how we will make stuff I understand that you can adjust size of the block you will place but there needs to be a preset up for everything so let me get to it down below!

Blueprinting before building & Shipyards

Rather then placing a bunch of blocks I want you guys to direct your selves to how making a ship in the video game Shores of Hazeron (now closed) and how they worked out ship construction, it was based on a building that let you design a ship made you deposit minerals and materials to build the ship so you can fly it around and told you everything from power consumption to firepower and everything in between. The biggest issue currently is the fact no one wants to fly around a fucking 1km ship getting every detail right so you would need some type of shipyard that would generate the ship for you and would progress through building stages until the shipyard is done and you have finished producing materials. Yes I know the developers want the game to be how they have it in their game but that is quite annoying to do I really do believe barely anyone is going to get beyond a 2.5km in size and it is going to be very few people and or groups who do go up to 2.5km.

Advantages

The advantages to having it this way is that people would set their sites on the stars, combat, trading and much more where if someone who just made an exact replica of Voyager from Star Trek would be very reluctant of loosing it find a very very far off place where no one has gone or rarely goes because they spent x amount of time on building it and they have every exact idea correct and they do not want to do it again where if it is a blueprint and assembled in shipyards then it is as easy as queuing up another construction job and gathering the materials.

Disadvantages

The disadvantages to having this system is you are limiting the key element that people are looking into this game. (insert more disadvantageous crap here.)

Now I know a lot of you are going to express you disappointment with this but please I am open to seeing all of your comments and hearing criticism and if you would like to grow on these ideas please do so!

Aaaand... why not both?

Do it like in space engineers.

build your construct in the world or in some "VR" designer, then press a button and save it as a blueprint.

for example your intrepid class builder is done, presses a button and saves his design to be replicated when he wants/needs to.

Why forbid building and iterating in world space?

Aaaand... why not both?

Do it like in space engineers.

build your construct in the world or in some "VR" designer, then press a button and save it as a blueprint.

for example your intrepid class builder is done, presses a button and saves his design to be replicated when he wants/needs to.

Why forbid building and iterating in world space?

Wait, didn't they said in an Ask Us Anything they WANT the VR idea for people to build things free of interruptions in the world? I know they did reply to one of these things, either on Twitter or Facebook at least.

https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2016/02/20/builder-gameplay-voxel-tools-elements/#more-531

Devblog with the VR sim.

Virtual Simulator: enabling player to enter a virtual world (call it “inception syndrome”!). While in that virtual space, the player would be able to design any construct, in a completely peaceful setting. This would help builders to design their construct and create their blueprints safely, without being interrupted by any PvP action. For ships, it will also be possible to test their flight mode, without risking a crash or wasting resources!