Fire, becuase I want to watch the world burn.

FD3242

I would love for fires to be a thing. It would be something else to worry about during a battle and it would look epic.

But it could get laggy fast.  So dose anybody have any ideas on how this could work without crippling are pcs.

Edit:

This is my idea

How about this. Numbers are to separate ideas

1. I would still like fire to spread so how about this. The more elements that are on fire the higher the chance that when a element is damaged it will catch on fire.

2. All of the voxels around on fire elements will also be on fire but they do not catch other voxels on fire.     

3. Voxels and elements that are on fire take damage overtime. They also should have a black tint in till they are repaired.

4. Damage to one elements may cause relating elements to take damage(So like your engine getting damaged may damage your fuel tank).

5. Damaged elements have a chance to catch on fire every time they take damage when below lets say 40% health or depending on the type of element.

6. On fire elements should have a timer on them that resets when either, 1. A element relating to the on fire elements takes damage or  2. When a part of the ship in lets say 50meters of the on fire element takes damage. When this clock hits 0 that on fire element should go out along with all voxels that it caught on fire.

Please add.

Perhaps fire could just be a temporary non-spreading status-effect giver majigure.

One could use an incendiary device to create a temporary area of effect that will quickly disable certain types of elements and cause severe damage to people not adequately protected.

Perhaps fire could just be a temporary non-spreading status-effect giver majigure.

One could use an incendiary device to create a temporary area of effect that will quickly disable certain types of elements and cause severe damage to people not adequately protected.

I was hoping it could be caused by ordinary CvsC battles.

Artillery Weaponry/Heavy Weaponry could have a chance to start a fire then?

Sorry, My last two post where rushed.

That could work but I think it should be a little more complicated then that.

How about this. Numbers are to separate ideas

1. I would still like fire to spread so how about this. The more elements that are on fire the higher the chance that when a element is damaged it will catch on fire.

2. All of the voxels around on fire elements will also be on fire but they do not catch other voxels on fire.     

3. Voxels and elements that are on fire take damage overtime. They also should have a black tint in till they are repaired.

4. Damage to one elements may cause relating elements to take damage(So like your engine getting damaged may damage your fuel tank).

5. Damaged elements have a chance to catch on fire every time they take damage when below lets say 40% health or depending on the type of element.

6. On fire elements should have a timer on them that resets when either, 1. A element relating to the on fire elements takes damage or  2. When a part of the ship in lets say 50meters of the on fire element takes damage. When this clock hits 0 that on fire element should go out along with all voxels that it caught on fire.

Please add.

Sorry, My last two post where rushed.

That could work but I think it should be a little more complicated then that.

-snip-

Could you simplify that? All of it just seems mashed together and unorganized.

this could be built on a little further....give everything a "canBurn" property.... if it's true, and next to something else that can burn, there's a random (high) chance of the fire spreading.....

fire does gradual damage to an element until the element is destroyed or the fire is extinguished (some elements burn faster than others)

Fire consumes air (i assume they're adding pressurization to the game?) -- so there'a  method of extinguishing...

Fire does massive damage to players (based on how close to the fire they are)

some elements (such as fuel tanks) should have a "canExplodeWhenBurning" property.... which would mean when a fuel tank(for example) reaches 0hp and is burning, it will explode... setting fire to anything that survives the explosion and can burn

burning elements don't necessarily have to be intensive on server or client... if implemented properly

this could be built on a little further....give everything a "canBurn" property.... if it's true, and next to something else that can burn, there's a random (high) chance of the fire spreading.....

fire does gradual damage to an element until the element is destroyed or the fire is extinguished (some elements burn faster than others)

Fire consumes air (i assume they're adding pressurization to the game?) -- so there'a  method of extinguishing...

Fire does massive damage to players (based on how close to the fire they are)

some elements (such as fuel tanks) should have a "canExplodeWhenBurning" property.... which would mean when a fuel tank(for example) reaches 0hp and is burning, it will explode... setting fire to anything that survives the explosion and can burn

burning elements don't necessarily have to be intensive on server or client... if implemented properly

What is the correct way to do it?

What you suggest would be horribly laggy.

Could you simplify that? All of it just seems mashed together and unorganized.

Elements are more likely to catch on fire if there are other elements all ready on fire. Is the important part.

Sorry, I am confusing my self to. :(