The TRGT AI Series P1

RoboGent

The TRGT Series...(ignore the 'AI' in the title, changed the plot of the story, found below in comments)

The TRGT (Technological Robotics & Gear Testing) program was initiated during the times before the ark ships, a more barbaric and gruesome time where humanity saw fit to augment their soldiers and manual laborers with synthetic augmentations to enhance their capabilities. Spotters and snipers within the military were given synthetic eye implants to improve their sight and accuracy. Assault troops and miners were given synthetic arms to have greater strength at carrying heavy objects and fighting in close quarter combat. These augmentations were given to many people during the horrific time before the days of the ark ships. However, shortly after the wars ended and people accepted the long peace. Further augmentations were made illegal as they were seen as a "threat to the peace". And to uphold this law, they hired 'Justicars' which would track down anyone found with an augmentation that did not show signs of being implanted during the times of the wars, and mercilessly remove it. No matter what it was, be it an eye implant, synthetic legs, whatever augmentation an individual had, regardless of whether they needed the eye implant because they were blind or needed the synthetic legs because they were a cripple. The Justicars abducted these people and violently removed them in surgery at their 'Offices'.

People rose up against these violent acts but their cries for mercy were ignored. And thus the memory or even presence of the Justicars or their supporters vanished. Guaranteed they still violently removed augmentations of anyone found with them, or at least anyone not rich enough to pay them not to. But at the times of the ark ships the Justicar and old world views were abandoned as the governments were torn down as people fled into the ships. 

And as people emerged from the surviving vessels, a few had brought augmentations, others the knowledge to create them. So as the restrictions were no longer present, all sorts or augmentations were invented and used. Some individuals even affecting their entire immune system and bodies with entire new limbs, making them almost half synthetic.

But has humanity gone to far...? Or is this just the beginning of what they'll accomplish...?

Letting everyone know I'm changing this quite drastically. It will still remain Technological Robotics & Gear Testing. But it will be more of a augmentation and less of an AI design. As I've kinda realized the idea I had was..well..bad. So I'll be changing it to more of a way human players in the game can augment themselves with synthetic additions. It will no longer consist of AI and robots. Thanks

Considering there will be programming in game it could be entirely possible to make a robot.

Depends. If you mean a mechanised exosuit that is piloted by a person, yes, absolutely. True A.I. ... not that much.

Considering there will be programming in game it could be entirely possible to make a robot.

Did a whole thing on that in the ideas page, decided against it after a discussion in the comments.