Roleplay General Channel

Shynras

I'd like to have a forum ingame, well to be honest i'd just want a single thread that you can open from inside the game, maybe displaying it on your lcd in your base or ship. And I want that to be roleplay only. Why? Because 10 years ago i used to play a game similar to du, with this kind of roleplay general channel, and it was awesome. 

It would keep people more in touch, the game would be much more social and you'll never feel alone when looking at other people playing while you do, posting stuff. One of the main reason people stop playing games, is when they feel they're playing alone. 

What would people post? Advertising for job or contracts, recruitment, news , war declaration, politics, rp stories, large projects annoucements and much more.

How would it work? 

-To send a message in the Roleplay General Channel is required an insane amount of energy. The reason is that, if thousands of people will play, spam could be a problem. And than you don't want to use credits, since at least right now, the economy system doesn't support gold sinks. Then, only leaders of corporations, rich people or anyone that has enough power, will be able to write there, as ambassador for his group. 

-It's built in in the ui, so that everyone can access it anywhere and keep in touch with the community. If you bind that to an element, people wouldn't participate as much, it wouldn't work well enough.

-The amount of messages should be not more than 50-100 a day, so that people can read it easily, reading news and how it's going on the other side of the galaxy, and a dev can check, remove and give a penalty if someone writes something that is not RP (ye I know, more work for devs, but come on, it's just a bunch of messages they'd probably read anyway if they'll play the game)

-Messages are saved, so you can look the previous ones, even if you've been offline, like a forum thread. 

It's like a board, where all the community will share informations, and all of us will be kinda informed about anything important that happens on the other side of the universe. What do you think?