Mythx

Dreamstar

This could be a good way to replenish the resources on a planet also. Once you dig far enough down you start to encounter these creatures, that attack you but they also have the chance to replenish the ground around them as well, putting back a 'random' assortment of ore/dirt/stone ect. beside droping loot for you. 

They could just come out the wood work one you hit a certain depth, where the deeper you go the more there are and the stronger they become but also the more loot you get from them and the more chance to find rarer ore. You could have to build defences and subterranean forts to prevent them from attacking you all they like under ground, but they would be able to 'eat' through your builds and ships if you used them given they have 'razor like extrusions'.. :)

I like this lore and the idea that it gives off too.. +1

nora,

Interesting concept. I like the idea of using something like these to drop resources. Even near the surface they could have a chance at dropping some rarer resources only found in the deep. 

NQ has stated that they didnt plan on replenishing resources, but as discussed, mob drops could be a way to always have a supply. 

However in the future they could always impliment something like this, maybe its discovered on a new planet and spread across the galaxy like rats were, as stowaways. 

Although I would prefer this be used only in noob locations, starter areas. Since once you have a resource base you can move locations when needed. It is only new players that need a supply of resources in one location. So they could be found only on Alioth, or incase we ever get more than one Ark ship (something I fully expect in the long term) it could be a property of them interacting with the Kyrium or the Ark shield that allows them to survive and replenish the land.

And finally someone else writing a story besides me.  

Interesting concept. I like the idea of using something like these to drop resources. Even near the surface they could have a chance at dropping some rarer resources only found in the deep. 

NQ has stated that they didnt plan on replenishing resources, but as discussed, mob drops could be a way to always have a supply. 

However in the future they could always impliment something like this, maybe its discovered on a new planet and spread across the galaxy like rats were, as stowaways. 

Although I would prefer this be used only in noob locations, starter areas. Since once you have a resource base you can move locations when needed. It is only new players that need a supply of resources in one location. So they could be found only on Alioth, or incase we ever get more than one Ark ship (something I fully expect in the long term) it could be a property of them interacting with the Kyrium or the Ark shield that allows them to survive and replenish the land.

And finally someone else writing a story besides me.  

You made me think about 'The Flood' or 'The Scurge' or 'The Swarm' lots and lots of alien life that just keeps expanding in the universe and the players need to stop it expanding. It will move from planet to planet and once the planet it taken if could start to spawn life that attacks you or change the life on the planet to hostile and warped in shape and abilites to be violet towards us.

We the players would need to band together to prevent the spread of it, and if we don't it will consume more and more of the universe and slowly make it's way to alioth.

I would be all for this idea, while we fight against ourselves with organisations this entity will be watching and growing more powerful and more spread across the universe every day. Like a reason to play the game if you don't want to just go loot people or build, it could be like a PvE element of the game, you can help prevent the spread of 'The Entity'.. you can never beat it, it just appears elsewhere when you attack it enough, you only stall it, you never destroy it.

That could be awesome. Like the old game 'creeper world' it's a never ending flood of evil that crosses the universe looking to snuff out any life it finds.

Could also tie it into the lore saying that it was the entity that started the neutron star event that wiped out earth, knowing we are the only race in the stars capable of defeating it, or stopping it's spread.

hmmm... I want this... or something like this.... Could start to incorporate machines to turn wildlife back into normal things too, so once a planet has been taken you need to have scientists go down and reverse the effects on the planet, to make it habitable again.

There so much you could do with the idea of a single 'entity' just slowly taking over the universe unless you fight against it.

Of course you could just do what you normally would have done if it wasn't there, nothing will change for you, it will be just that you have 'hostile planets' that have the entity on as well as 'toxic planets'.. You can still do whatever stealth or organisations stuff you want but there is always something for the more PvE orientated people to worry about.

...... should have really posted this in a idea section itself, but i kind of started typeing and now i just want to click 'post' before i lose it... :)

nora,