Game won't start even after complete new install of (0.29.12 Athena)

From May 22nd when I was invited by my partner I have had to re install the game numerus times.

On May 29th I contacted support who recommended 

- delete DU cache from inside the game's debug menu in the top right corner of the login screen
- deinstall DU using the uninstaller in the DU install folder
- delete all data in the DU install folder
- delete all data in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\NQ (your install drive letter might vary)
- delete all data in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Novaquark (your install drive letter might vary)

This solved the problem temporarily.

I had made large changes to constructs prior to the crash and suspected unsaved cache on game ending to be the culprit.

Yesterday I took a abandoned atmospheric construct and made it mine and brought it to my new site.

To day (after the last update) I encountered a crash on game start again.

I have un-installed and installed - updated and so forth over and over again to no avail. The game is dead in the water.

My partner has a computer with the same setup as I and have played for three months without these kind of problems.

To open a second support case feels, well .....

To remove and install again is so time consuming I choke on it.

screen.bmp

I think a support ticket is the best course of action but based on the situation you describe a reinstall is a good first step too. The client is fairly robust but things like hard crashes, power outages, failing drives, and even unstable internet connections can lead to problems. A reinstall is the quick catch all fix. Some of my systems regularly run into issues so I maintain a USB drive with a golden copy of the gamefiles that I just copy over whenever I need to perform a reinstall. It sounds like your issue is less common but you might want to do something similar if you greatly dislike waiting for the reinstall process or redownloading 6gb.

I wouldn't personally describe the client as "robust" -- issues like this are unfortunately too common. Multiple people have complained about it here; to me, that means even more face this issue in the wild. 

When it comes to issues like this, even 2/100 people having an issue is really poor and will become a nightmare if the game can scale for release.

I've worked on installers before...not removing every trace of the product on uninstall is a fundamental failure and likely the reason you're having issues. You shouldn't have to manually clear anything, yet NQ keeps telling people to do this because of flaws in the installer. 

I think the only thing you can do is file another support ticket and hope they have something else to tell you, and probably they'll tell you to uninstall again even though it may not help 😵

An un-othodox solution made my day.

I ran Dual Universe in GeForce NOW witch was, well kind of slow and only one hour session in - play for free mode.

When I started DU in normal mode it worked again!

My theory is that what ever incompatibility issue was saved in my game files in the old version - it was straighten out in GeForce 

Nothing is impossible

Everything is possible

Maybe just not likely.

Haha now that is an interesting situation. Really glad you got it sorted out. If you have spare time or if it happens again please do submit a ticket about this. It could prove helpful in preventing future cases.