FTUE observations

Gideon77

I had a character reset today so that I could test the new FTUE, and here are some of my observations:

The new outposts are great.

The new hover ships are great.

I like the landscape on Haven and the lack of all those colored rocks.

I like that it gives you a VR and resurrection node, and gets you started with a productive base from the get-go.

I like everything as far as it went.

I will miss the 20 minute intro that Aphelia used to give to introduce you to everything. It was a nice "get acquainted with the game mechanics" session.

This was certainly nothing that I would go out of my way to do a second time. It was way too short. Whereas I enjoyed the old one multiple times. And the old one tried to encourage you to continue for the first several hours by giving you tasks to accomplish, where this one leaves you on your own in a matter of a few minutes by doing those first few tasks for you.

5 minutes ago, Gideon77 said:

And the old one tried to encourage you to continue for the first several hours by giving you tasks to accomplish, where this one leaves you on your own in a matter of a few minutes by doing those first few tasks for you.

The risk I see with this is that it's too quick to leave you on your own...which could mean a bunch of people joining, getting their outpost, and quitting.

When public "beta" launched, at least then a lot of people that were turned off quit before they claimed a hex or built stuff. With this, it'll be a lot of abandoned outposts permanently using up tiles and cluttering the server...which means NQ will have to again change the rules on what's "permanent" on the safe moons.