here's some of my thoughts.

Puunene5

First off, I've been an Alpha tester on about 15 games and a Beta tester on about 40 games such as Meidian 59, Everquest, Dark Agwe of Camilot, World of Warcraft, etc.....

So, I'm not new to this. I like this game quit abet but, I see a lot that needs improving.

1) The Voxel system: they're copying the Everquest Next Voxel system. this is fine as far as I'm concerned. I played that sandbox for a year and there system was perfected, this system isn't yet. You have bleedover from one voxel to the next. You put down 2 squares then a 45% and then 2 more Squares and that 45% angle will distort or even change to a square. the individual voxels aren't perfected yet. The Smooth Voxel Tool is a mess. Try and use it and your angles that your trying to curve looks like a close up of a Jimmy Dean Sausage, I'm she there's players that can get it to work, about 1% of use. its a really bad tool. I forgot the name of the Tool you us to make long angle with but after using it for an hour trying to make a ship with a small noise and rounded edge's I realized that tool should have many levels to it. You can't attach another voxel to what your making, it distorts it and you cant repair it without choosing even more damage. again, I no there some players that are just dam great at it but, most players like myself cant work it and that's going to be most new players to this game.

Voxel system needs to be perfected and made much easier.

2) Seriously, let us be out of body like 99% of all other games. a Must!

3)PvP aka: Space combat is rather boring...see Star Citizen.

4)You really can't get the Planets and Moons to orbit? 20 years ago I took and astronomy class and we met in a planetarium, they had a program that did just that so it's old tech.

5) Minning: Honestly, the worst system I've ever seen in any game. The Minning Units produce at best 123L of whatever ore in 1hour, completely useless unless you have multiple territories which is expensive. honestly, to make Pure Aluminum you need 585 Bauxite to make 405L of Pure Aluminum. So it takes 4 hours to mine the ore then produce the 405 Pure Aluminum that's not enough to make anything. In the time it takes for the miner to mine 123L of Bauxite I can pick up 20KL of it off the ground, which is MAJOR BORING!

You need to increase the output of the MU by at least 10 fold. 1,230L per hour makes much more sense 123L an hour. this way we can actually do something. also, tier 2 we should be able to drop a MU for each ore, not just one.

6) reduce the taxes from 500,000 a week to 100,000 a month. in order for us to make money to grow our industry we need to make money which the terrible Minning system wont support unless we get multiple territories which then cost 500,000 per. say good buy to most of your new players right there.

7) PvE..... without it you'll only get a small following of players. PvP games draw few players, PvE games that has PvP in it draws the big crowd. if you don't have PvE your shooting yourself in the foot!

8 this is Duel Universe not Single Star System, more star systems please!

also, How about tires so we can make ground vehicles.

Cogs and gears so we can make things like rotating signs.

Mirrors,

birds and animals.

aliens, Pirates, artifacts' from dead races.....

well, these are my thoughts and ideas

On 4/30/2022 at 6:32 PM, Italicus said:

1) The Voxel system: they're copying the Everquest Next Voxel system. this is fine as far as I'm concerned. I played that sandbox for a year and there system was perfected, this system isn't yet. You have bleedover from one voxel to the next. You put down 2 squares then a 45% and then 2 more Squares and that 45% angle will distort or even change to a square. the individual voxels aren't perfected yet. The Smooth Voxel Tool is a mess. Try and use it and your angles that your trying to curve looks like a close up of a Jimmy Dean Sausage, I'm she there's players that can get it to work, about 1% of use. its a really bad tool. I forgot the name of the Tool you us to make long angle with but after using it for an hour trying to make a ship with a small noise and rounded edge's I realized that tool should have many levels to it. You can't attach another voxel to what your making, it distorts it and you cant repair it without choosing even more damage. again, I no there some players that are just dam great at it but, most players like myself cant work it and that's going to be most new players to this game.

Voxel system needs to be perfected and made much easier.

Is there an idea here? Or is this just a request for NQ to move "make voxel behave better" to a higher spot on their to do list?

Also, try the "vertex precision tool", it helps a lot for those of us not skilled in the ways of voxelmancy.

2) Seriously, let us be out of body like 99% of all other games. a Must!

You should probably elaborate on this one, as not everyone will know what you mean (I certainly don't).

3)PvP aka: Space combat is rather boring...see Star Citizen.

While a good deal of people will agree with you that pvp could be more exciting, you really should elaborate more on what exactly you want it to do. While people can certainly go look up videos of SC, they don't typically provide enough contextual information for everyone to know what it is you are specifically asking for.

4)You really can't get the Planets and Moons to orbit? 20 years ago I took and astronomy class and we met in a planetarium, they had a program that did just that so it's old tech.

There's a massive difference programming-wise between spinning some marbles in a private 3d environment, and spinning colossal spheres of interactable voxel that people are constantly editing in a predominantly client-side single-shard mmo.

No mistake, this is a cool idea and a lot of people want it, but it isn't a practical goal at this time.

5) Minning: Honestly, the worst system I've ever seen in any game. The Minning Units produce at best 123L of whatever ore in 1hour, completely useless unless you have multiple territories which is expensive. honestly, to make Pure Aluminum you need 585 Bauxite to make 405L of Pure Aluminum. So it takes 4 hours to mine the ore then produce the 405 Pure Aluminum that's not enough to make anything. In the time it takes for the miner to mine 123L of Bauxite I can pick up 20KL of it off the ground, which is MAJOR BORING!

You need to increase the output of the MU by at least 10 fold. 1,230L per hour makes much more sense 123L an hour. this way we can actually do something. also, tier 2 we should be able to drop a MU for each ore, not just one.

Auto-mining is meant to be a "basic income" kind of thing, providing enough ore over week of operation for the casual-player that only has a few hours each weekend to do stuff. If you want 20 KL an hour to feed some mega-factory then you'll need to do what other people do: drop a ton of units and hire people to keep them calibrated.

If you don't want to have to deal with managing the better part of a dozen other people, then I might advise taking up alternate sources of income, such as missions, or asteroid mining, and leaving auto-mining to its supplemental-income roll.

6) reduce the taxes from 500,000 a week to 100,000 a month. in order for us to make money to grow our industry we need to make money which the terrible Minning system wont support unless we get multiple territories which then cost 500,000 per. say good buy to most of your new players right there.

This was a major topic several months ago when they were first implemented. You may wish to go look up the old threads related to it to see why things are they way they are.

7) PvE..... without it you'll only get a small following of players. PvP games draw few players, PvE games that has PvP in it draws the big crowd. if you don't have PvE your shooting yourself in the foot!

I am going to assume since you were not more precise here that you mean combat-play against bot/npc constructs. A lot of people want this, but the game's client-side anti-automated-gunnery mmo shenaniganry can't currently support it.