Your EQU8 configs are garbage

FutonTorpedo

2022-02-04 07:14:34:3452 - EQU8 - Error: A security product (Anti-Virus, Firewall, Sandbox, etc.) is conflicting with EQU8 Anti-Cheat. "Access is denied." (0005)

Please try these steps as they may resolve your problem :

- Update Windows.
- Update security products.
- Reboot your computer.
2022-02-04 07:14:34:3452 - EQU8 - ERROR: Error during game initialization :(
2022-02-04 07:14:34:3452 - ERROR: game_not_launched while launching game through EQU8

This is absolute garbage. The problem isn't a windows update or a security product. This happens 100% of the time when I shut down and disconnect my machine from the wall.  I had to swap out my UPS this morning so I powered down the machine and unplugged everything.  Sure enough, when I powered everything back on and tried to launch DU I got this error when launching. NOTHING in my hardware or software setup has changed except for an external change to my UPS.  This has happened twice now and the only way to fix it is to completely uninstall the game, delete all remnants of game files, and then reinstall ---- and frankly I'm [filtered]ing done.  Fix your client and EQU8 garbage.

Interesting. Anyone else with this problem?

I’ve had it happen to me once on Star Citizen which uses Easy Anticheat. 

had to delete the anticheat folder and relaunch the game. 

DU has been fine for the better part of a year since I upgraded my computer. 

Never had this before and I have frequent power cuts in my area. I'm on a UPS now as well and not had this issue. I even have the UPS software installed so it's even directly interfacing with my PC.

Oh, and maybe make a ticket so they are aware of the issue instead of posting on the forums. If they have seen the ticket and responded, then all there is to do is wait.

Yup - I created a bug ticket.

I had a similar thought with EQU8.  There are no folders that I can find, but there are several equ8 related files in the game's /bin directory.  Tried deleting those and still no joy.  The files get redownloaded (except the equ8.db file... which is odd) but the client still won't launch.  I'm hoping today's patch and post-verification phase can reset it. Otherwise... guess I'll be done for a while.