Social Credit System Coming In New Player Experience?

Creator

You know the one I am talking about, the one like China has... 
Just asking since we have taxes now, I am curious what other fun things they will implement.

The recent builders discount thing obviously seemed to invite old pet favorites for their promo, the same ones that promote their game and don't criticize them, feels a lot like they are in good standing in the DU Social Credit System...Meanwhile all of this in substitute to an actual, discount on anything like discounts on subscription, or opportunity to buy element skin collectables for Black Friday, while trying market themselves as relevant and generous by giving you good deals like it is some sort of gift.

I want to make this clear this isn't a bash on the builders or people who participated, I think it is great that they chose to give to their community when they didn't have to...

----------------------------------------------------

That said I am totally taking pot shots at NQ every chance I get cause It has been two weeks and I feel very little has been meaningfully done to alleviate hardship for builders and casuals.

As long as the pressure is on us in a way that hurts and hinders the player base, especially casuals and builders, punishing them for not being on daily or 24/7,
I will continue to pursue NQ here on the forums, on Youtube, etc. where ever they promote themselves.

The way NQ rolled out it's updates and then portrays itself while ignoring the community feels like a gut punch and a backhand, all while they smiled for their next commercial.

The path is easy & clear NQ, fix your behavior or keep getting called out... 

This attitude you're taking towards the game is getting extremely petty and serves no purpose. Being passively aggressive towards NQ isn't going to help anyone least of all yourself.

I get you're not happy with the state of the game and I'm sure there are many that would agree with you, but its by and large not going to make a blind bit of difference and simply waste your own time taking pot shots at developers who are just doing their jobs. You might not like it but you either adapt or don't. There's a whole world of games out there to play and enjoy. Life is too short to be sitting here feeling all bent out of shape because something happened that you don't like.

Enjoy the game for what I is or don't. Your choice.

7 minutes ago, Gunhand said:

Enjoy the game for what I is or don't. Your choice.

I did enjoy the game for what it was, until they took what I loved... you say it is petty, but what else are we still left with than petty complaints.

The peaceful path of giving feedback and suggestions has been tried so many times before and failed. So has voicing our criticism it is on deaf ears. Alioth is littered with the graves of abandoned constructs of inactive players that took the advice of some in our community and left the game when they were unheard. Now many of those graves are buried, and their tombstones will soon be dismantled...

Albeit not beautiful tombstones or graves ?(talking about you ugly space tower builds.), but none the less each one marks a fallen brother and sister, as our numbers dwindle and NQ watches happy to replace us with fresh meat for subscriptions, uncaring that they tarnish their own reputation.

I have seen the dying general chat between updates (partially cause the chat system is terrible) but the numbers only spike during these updates... in less than a couple of months once the surge of people saving their things from salvage tapers off chat will again return to hours of silence, missing faces, and people who didn't need much, but couldn't get what they needed.

It isn't like we aren't suggesting what they could do to make this work for NQ and the community, the problem is one-sided in approach, inconsiderate, and disrespectful to those they asked to build their cities, and create ships to attract other moths to the flame. The only protest besides this left for builders is to refuse to build... what is out of sight is also out of mind.

39 minutes ago, Creator said:

little has been meaningfully done to alleviate hardship for builders and casuals.

Builders, like myself, are doing just fine...

Dude you really gotta just step away from the game for a bit, its seriously just annoying everyone on the forums . This post is just cringe that's all I gotta say.

Just now, Koriandah said:

Dude you really gotta just step away from the game for a bit, its seriously just annoying everyone on the forums . This post is just cringe that's all I gotta say.

Glad you speak for everyone... I know it seriously annoys you, that is why you keep coming around trying to get into it with me. It is a little over the top but that is the point and the purpose. To make it where it can't be ignored.

5 minutes ago, Koriandah said:

Well I'll second this opinion so its not quite everyone but it's more than one.

The fact that the community is going to point out the fact that what you're doing is pointless and cringe says that all its doing is just irritating the very people you are trying to stand up for rather than sticking it to NQ who at the very worst will probably warn or temp ban you from the forums.

I think everyone who's seen you on the forum and ingame chat gets it. But take a break, assess what you want to do. This isn't the answer.

3 minutes ago, Gunhand said:

I think everyone who's seen you on the forum and ingame chat gets it. But take a break, assess what you want to do. This isn't the answer.

I respect what you are saying... Just hard to see what NQ is doing to us.