Talent SYStem / Organization Suggestions

Warlander

I know that the appeal of the 5 tier Mine Craft style progression system is supposed to be a shallow progression. I like it but it just feels like it lacks a bit of depth or that where the talents end they should continue and allow you to go further into each talent. I feel like with all the exact same items on the market or in general are just over flooded and there should be a way to keep progressing to further specialize as both a player but also an organization to separate people from one another in what they are taking to the market, producing themselves, or placing the item down.

Suggestion 1: Adding more depth to DU through Specialization in each Talent Tree, Branch, or Individual Talent.

The first thing I would like to propose as a suggestion is to change the Tiers into a Level based system in which there are 25 Levels to each Talent that would allow a player to potentially specialize in a particular Talent tree or to hyper-specialize into a particular Talent over everything.

OR:

If Tiers are here to stay then I propose adding Ranks to the game to allow for more specialization. The base Tier system as it is now would be considered Rank 1 Tier 1-5. If you complete Tier 5 in Rank 1 then it just rolls over into tier 2 automatically and allows the player to keep going. It goes without saying that the Experience needed would also continue to grow from the last tier.

As it stands my 3 man group of friends is already dividing and conquering the Talent Trees so we dont step on each others toes whils still maximizing our playtime. Right now ive only been playing for a few months, but for the most part we are already starting to run out of non-PvP talents. And the HP Tree just wastes resources so its kinda moot until PvP is forced upon our crew though it would be nice if we could keep pushing that specialization without being forced into other Trees that conflict without playstyles otherwise it gets redundant to have multiple people doing the same thing for no reason.

Suggestion 2: Organization Talent Tree.

As for Organizations it would be nice if they were not just a group mechanic but a more specialized extension of the Personal Talent Tree System that allowed all members of an Organization to keep propressing beyond themselves as well as to allow for each Org to be completely different from each other by offering  another layer of depth through mass research that uses each individual member but also all members of the Org to push the limits of the game as far as NQ is willing to let them.

And I think that each Organization should have to choose their primary and secondary focus of their guild which cannot be changed but as long as you are working in a specific Talent Tree that is your main focus or a particular secondary focus which could be another Tree or a Branch within a Talent tree you get bonus experience when you are working on those Talents to grand more than the 60/90 exp base for starters. This would get new players up to speed until they max out the chosen focuses.

Beyond that I propose that the Exp you accumulate for the Organization Talent Tree be independent of the 60/90 Exp base but also that you have to be in an organization to progress the Org Talent Tree. Not only that but an exp you put into it should go with you to whatever organization you go to next and be deducted from the last Organization's pool.

Not only that, but I also think that the actual Talents offered in the Organization Tree should be more science researched based with like 50mil base exp per tier so no 1 player can push the research but it is large enough that exen large Organizations will really need to focus on higher tiers or Ranks. The Organization Tree in general should be the way to unlock new technologies like XL, XXL, XXXL, XXXXL, EL, etc but also for crafted items to add stats onto the item itself and not just only on put down. Or perhaps going into much more detail into all the materials themselves like improving specific Ores individually for harness without hp, hp, power (in terms of ship parts), duration, output (producing 10 items at a time, where you can hyper customize anything in the game as long as it is linked to that Org.

EX: If your Org's primary & Secondary focus is mining/dredging then you would obviously want to work on getting the most out of your experience. In the Org Tree fo mining there could be Talents that make existing nodes much more dense or that instead of raw Hematite you could just grab Pure Iron instead. Not only that but there should be subterrainian technology you can unlock like tank treds, front mounted industrial boring equipment that dwarfs personal mining, etc so that you can actually bring some kind of mining machine easily down underground, grant more range, better/more mats, and allow mining focused guilds to progress slightly faster in the Mining Tree in the Org Talent Trees. You could make the same arguement for PVP focused Orgs, Pilot/Freight Orgs, Crafting Orgs, or Industry Orgs.

Suggestion 3: Multi Cores, and Organization Based Cores.

It would be nice if there were personal Multi Core shapes which still counted as the same number of cores but were connected in some kind of modular shape system of Boxes, Lines, and Slabs.

For instance:

A: Boxes are the standard cores we have now.

B: Line based Multi Cores which consist of 2x1x1 cores or 3x1x1 lined connected cores that count as 2 or 3 linked cores (Dynamic/Static).

C: Slab based Multi Cores which consist of 2x2x1 or 3x3x1slabs of connected cores that count as 4 or 9 linked cores (Dynamic/Static).

D: Organization Core Series which basically Starts where the L Static/Dynamic core system ends starting at XL and going through XXL, XXXL, XXXL, & EL

E: Eventually through research in the Organization Talent Tree should unlock the Multi Org Core versions of lines or slabs.

Suggestion 4: Organization Territory Units and Territory System.

Organizations should be able to drop down a Organization Territory Unit which claims 8 Territories at once for the equivelent price of the same individual units as a flower cluster.

Since Organization Territories are basically personal Territories claimed by Organizations I propose that there should be a much much larger Regional Territroy Unit to give Orgs more control over whole regions of a moon/planet in which to opperate. They should Cost 100 Million Credits to have Control over 100 Territories of area. Once the first one is placed that Organization is BOUND to a planet and cannot place any more organization Cores or TUs until they take over that planet completely through PVP or they are destroyed and chased off of a planet. I think that any other Org that is not Bound to that planet but is still looking to claim a region of their own should be able to drop a RTU down anywhere on the planet to potentially contest those 100 honeycombs against all other Organizations that potentially own them and flagging themselves for planetary based PVP against the other Organizations.

I also think that while an Organization is in their Region they should be considered in a safe zone. When they leave their Region they would then be able to be PVP'd on the planet unless some other Org drops a Regional Territory Unit down which would declare war and flag the two Organizations/Sub Orgs/or Alliances also to be flagged against the agressors.

When an RTU or Regional Territory Unit is placed it should give the Organization that owns it new tools and options at their disposal should include:

A: Sales Tax Rates for any market sales that occur in the Region coming from the markets or later down the road when players can have market stalls that go directly to Organizations.

B: Property Tax so that Organizations can keep their Regions free of people who until recently were able to drop as many Units as they wanted for 100K ea. Organizations should be able to collect a small margnina property tax from people living in their region or it will flag that Territory for pvp against the Organization unless you work something out with them. It would in no way prevent anyone or new players from living there and even if you are not involved with the Org that controlls it you would also not be flagged for PvP if another Org declared war on them and took over the Region. It would simply transfer power and tools to the new landlord unless you failed to pay property taxes. I think any non-Org citizens should also be involved in any vote being held in the Region as well for tax rates for propety tax.

C: Zoning is another tool that could be added to allow people who have specialized orgs using the system mentioned for Primary/Secondary Organization focus to play placed so that you can have districts within each Region so that you have markets, industries, mining, pvp, and residential areas zoned out to properly set up areas to function as the Organization wants in that area.

D: Mineral rights are another tool to allow residents of a Region to vote on how they want mineral rights to be handled regarding outsiders or residents within a region to mine.

Suggestion 5: Federations/Orders and Factions/Empires

I think that if any Organization fully controls a moon then they should be considered a Federation and any Organization that controls an entire Planet should be considered an Order. Which then should open up voting tools so that all citizens of the moon/planet can vote on whatever politics are going on. Also once an Organization has taken over complete control they should then be allowed to start attempting to take over regions on other moons/planets within that local system of moons/planets until they control the full system which would then qualify them as either an Empire or legion or something which would then allow them to wage war against other planetary systems.

Once Multiple moons are controlled by a Federation they would then become a Faction and any Org that controls multiple planetary systems would become an Empire. Able to use taxes to build and maintain fleets to do battle against other federations, factions, orders, and empires. With the Organization Talent Tree system being used in scales of Federations or Empires of people doing mass research could get pretty interesting in conjunction with people moving fluidly between orgs when a civilization falls in war suddenly being practically powerless overnight.