Assembly line issue

Guest Fay

I  made a large assembly line it's telling me the output box was full so moved everything out. when I go to stop the run it tells me I will lose the mats id I do. Any ideas how to get it to finish? When I look at the output page it shows one built but 0 in container.

Whether the input or output containers are declared as your "linked container" will have absolutely no effect whatsoever on the ability of your Assembler to extract or deposit materials/parts/elements from or into them.

You need a Container big enough to hold the materials the Assmbler needs, and another, different Container (it is not allowed to have the output of a machine be the same Container as its input).

Each Container needs to be linked to the Assembler (in the right direction) in Build Mode. You can always unlink a Container, even from running machinery; the machine will stop when it tries to use that container, either for input or output.

• Press B to go into Build mode, once you have the three elements needed (2 Containers and the Assembler). 
  • Use the Link tool. Its icon looks like some links of chain; it defaults to 6, I believe, on your toolbar.
  • You may see purple lines with arrows going between the elements; these are the links between the elements. If the environment is crowded, it can be hard to see the links, and where they go. If you hover your mouse over any lines you can see, you'll get labels popping up saying which elements the link joins, and which is in and which is out. Holding the ALT key and hovering over a line will turn that line red; clicking the line at this point will delete it.
  • If you can't see any links they may not have been made. To make a link, click on the element you want to be the origin, then click on the element you want to supply. Valid elements for you to link to will highlight in green when you hover over them having clicked your origin. They'll quickly go red once you do click, but that's because they're now ineligible to be linked to.
  • If you just want to look, use the "Move Element" tool (defaults to 9) to shift any obscuring elements out of the way. Hover the mouse (don't click!!!) over the thing you want to move (it'll highlight yellow), then press an arrow key (any arrow key). The Element will glow white-blue. Now you can use the arrow keys to move the element around, and hold T to use the mousewheel to move the element in the third axis. Hold R and the mousewheel to rotate it. If it can't be placed where you've moved it to, it will turn red. When you're happy with where it is, click the element again. If you think you've messed up, just press 9 again, to stop using the (any) Move Element tool and the Element will go back where it started.
  • Move the element you're concerned with out into some free space, so you can see all round it. Then switch back to the Linking tool and you should be able to see any links that the Element has.

In your case you should probably work along the line.

1. In Build mode, using the Link tool,
  2. Click on your input Container
  3. Hover over your Assembler; it should highlight in green. If it doesn't, it's either got as many input links as it can handle already.
  4. Click on your Assembler. It will flash to red, then green again. This will have established the input link. You can look in the Assembler "Production" tab to see what Containers are linked (bottom left of the pane).
  5. To link to your output Container, click your Assembler again;
  6. Hover over your output Container. Again it should turn green.
  7. Click the Container. It should go red, then green again.

Don't fret if the flashing red then green doesn't happen; that might go away when the servers are a bit speedier.

As I mentioned above, you can see from the Assembler what Containers are linked to it. Input (up to 7) is on the bottom left of the Production tab. Output is bottom right. You can also see what materials relevant to the job at hand are in the Input and Output Containers, from the Container tab in that pane. There's a button to switch between looking at the In and the Out.