AMA Part 1 & 2 Opinionated Break down

Blacksythe

I apologize in advance this is going to be a wall of text. And offers a summary and advantages/ disadvantages for playing as an Outlaw and as a law abiding citizen based on ama relevant questions.

Index

Organization Ship Rental Penalties

Player trapped in a safe zone prison

Scammers/Griefers

Weiners and boobs

Quest system

Organizations control everything

PVE

Crafting Construction and someone breaking your stuff

Territory Control in space

Self Destruct

Part 1

Organization Ship Rental Penalties

As the game stands right now if you damage another players ship while borrowing it there are no penalties.

-Citizen

Honestly for a citizen this is very bad it will discourage cooperative game play and the cost to rent/use a ship will skyrocket for all but the largest organizations. Although the contract system may play a role in this so I shall reserve judgement

-Outlaw

See above (for a lone wolf this really doesn't matter)

Player trapped in a safe zone prison

If you are not in a safe zone escape will be possible however inside a safe zone (player made or not) this will not be possible back to arkship was suggested as a fix for the more extreme

-Citizen

This is good and bad your builds can't be messed with but you could end up sealed away unable to escape especially if someone with build rights decides to be a dick. (Could be classed as griefing i suppose) but it is an open world sandbox.

-Outlaw

See above chances are your res node is not going to be in a civilian safe zone so this is unlikely to happen unless someone finds your res node and puts their own safe zone there.

Scammers/Griefers

This is a game scams are going to happen suck it up as for griefing NQ, class this as making someones real life miserable (pretty much)

-Citizen

This is bad you are unprotected from bad business practices but there will be player made systems in place to get revenge.

-Outlaw

Your an outlaw bounties are gonna happen you make other people's in game lives difficult without fear of being banned but making their out of game lives difficult is another matter entirely.

Weiners and boobs

... Speaks for itself

Quest system

Current setup seems fine for both outlaws and citizens player created jobs will be useful for both sides.

Organizations control everything

Nq states that it will be possible to make it on your own or with a small group of friends but based on some of their other q&a controlling a planet on your own is going to be impossible

-Citizen

Good mostly it makes sense that you would need a large group of players to control a planet but if you want to play alone you can still have your own private spot of land on that planet (unless the big fish don't want you there)

-Outlaw

Again good attacking a system should be an organized job attacking a lone freighter should be a small group or a lone wolf.

PVE

NQ state that any PVE will be strictly limited and want to focus more on PVE mainly because mobs take server resources any PVE will come later if any. Player made PVE like go mine some stuff will be possible but that's about it.

-Citizen

This is bad for you guys here that like PVE and hate combat but take solace that you can mine as much as you like, I cant say there wont be am outlaw around to steal what you mine though

-Outlaw

Mostly based on PVP so no effect here really.

Crafting Construction and someone breaking your stuff

RDMS will protect your stuff from editing but if someone wants to blow holes in your structure outside a safe zone they are free to do so. This is neither good or bad for either side and is extremely balanced. Don't want your stuff destroyed build in a safe zone.

Territory Control in space

Not at launch is NQ's answer to this

-Citizen

Neither good nor bad just less game play features

-Outlaw

Bad if you need a home base you will need to settle on a planet

Self Destruct

Self destruct won't be a thing at launch that's for sure and if implemented would have to be balanced.

-Citizen

Bad your stuff can be stolen :(

-Outlaw

Good congratulations stealing someones stuff won't result in it blowing up in your face :D

Part 2

Index

Insurance

The Initial Grind

Respawn of resources

Automated scripts/defences

Blueprints and taking control of other ships

Insurance

Not in the initial release but possibly later both sides of the argument can benefit here once it is implemented it will be good for both sides.

-Citizen

Bad if you lose your ship you have to rebuild and pay for it yourself or have your org pay for it. Buy hey it's part of the game suck it up.

-Outlaw

Also bad see above

The Initial Grind

NQ stated that getting into space at launch will be a challenge and take several days of work. Later on you will just be able to buy a ship which would take a few minutes never the less everyone at initial launch will be in the same boat.

-Citizen

Neither good nor bad this system favors organizations the most

-Outlaw

More bad news for you i'm afraid with the rdms system if you are already in an outlaw org you may not be able to buy a ship when you join the game however if an organization with outlaw status has claimed some safe zone tiles and has set up a place to buy a ship, may cost more as it will be more difficult to get resources/ships into the arkship safe zone.

Respawn of resources

Safe zones may respawn to give new players a fair chance this is only bad if you are just starting out in a very mature Dual Universe (resources are said to last a long time)

Automated scripts/defences

NQ state that this is a possibility but want it to be player driven and any advantage gained by automating is lost by lack of efficiency more on this as more information becomes available. This is balanced between citizens and outlaws both can have safe zones.

Blueprints and taking control of other ships

In the current state of game (from discussion about dacs in the message board) master blueprints will be protected.

That means the original artist/builder is protected from loss period any copies they distribute will also be limited and the original builder/artist will be able to choose if they can be copied or not.

You can't control other peoples ships however is a point that needs clarification is stealing the ships.

A side note later on "It will also be possible to setup collateral's to protect your goods against stealing or destruction."

I don't know how to interpret this and needs more clarification

-Citizen

Both good and bad on this one, casual players that don't build well, won't be able to replace ships they buy as easily but anything they do create will be protected in the long run. This promotes a do it yourself state of mind not what the devs where looking for in the game but also good for those players who are excellent builders and want to market their produce safely

-Outlaw

Very bad news here you can loot and destroy with weapons but not salvage and you cannot copy any ship designs they really hit pirates hard here I feel that this point needs more balance like a skill based system to counter. You may be able to steal the ships and repair them which is fine for a valuable ship but your more likely to leave a lowly freighter in the middle of nowhere. Cluttering up space. This system needs more attention in my opinion. It seems too "carebear orientated" if you ask me as it will be a fundamental part of the game

That just about wraps up the relevant ama questions I've commented on kickstarter for additional clarification where needed

You can't control other peoples ships however is a point that needs clarification is stealing the ships.

A side note later on "It will also be possible to setup collateral's to protect your goods against stealing or destruction."

I don't know how to interpret this and needs more clarification

-Citizen

Both good and bad on this one, casual players that don't build well, won't be able to replace ships they buy as easily but anything they do create will be protected in the long run. This promotes a do it yourself state of mind not what the devs where looking for in the game but also good for those players who are excellent builders and want to market their produce safely

-Outlaw

Very bad news here you can loot and destroy with weapons but not salvage and you cannot copy any ship designs they really hit pirates hard here I feel that this point needs more balance like a skill based system to counter. You may be able to steal the ships and repair them which is fine for a valuable ship but your more likely to leave a lowly freighter in the middle of nowhere. Cluttering up space. This system needs more attention in my opinion. It seems too "carebear orientated" if you ask me as it will be a fundamental part of the game

NQ already stated there will be a way to salvage constructs at some future point (possibly not at release). This will not allow pirates to reverse-engineer a ship, but will allow a pirate that wrecked or stole a ship to reprocess it for some of the resources it took to build it. Salvaging WILL be a thing, but Blueprints will be HIGHLY protected because building is the game's primary focus. NQ will not do anything to allow Master Blueprints to be stolen because they want to encourage building over destruction. The game's slogan is "rebuilding civilization together", hence their leaning towards protecting player blueprints.