Idea for some sort of United Nations/Safe Harbor thing

First off, i'm not sure if this the right forum for this topic, maybe the general discussions is better, because this will not be an organization per se, but the arkship pub seems for me the place for society in general, so i put it here. And now inspiring speech mode on! :D

I have a dream, a dream of a city, on a planet that will be free of armed conflicts. A city where all organizations can come together in peace, where they will have embassies, where they can end or begin their conflicts and negoiate treaties on neutral ground. A planet where new players can freely decide what they want to do, without the threat of a ruling organization, that can force the new players to join or do work for them. This city should be called Arkship City, and the name of the planet is Alioth. A place that will be build and also protected, by us, the players, the community.

Inspiring speech mode off.

So i think you get the basic idea of what i want to do, but to explain further, i think it would be pretty unpleasant to jump in a game thats gone instantanious in anarchy mode, after release. Slaughtering each another, because of resources. Organizations fighting over territory. And after years of fighting, we are finally getting to space just so we can continue fighting. And honestly this is my greatest fear for the game.

But in the end that is what the devs are giving to us, total freedom and with this tool, it could end in anarchy, but we will have the power to go the other way, in my opinion the more pleasant way, of working together, at least till we have reached space (we will probably reach it faster if we work together) and are able to spread over the galaxy and after that, we could use alioth and hopefully arkship city, as what i have it described in my "speech", neutral ground for diplomatic actions, a place for new players to orient themselves and a place where "older" players can have fun together, without rivalries and conflicts between their organizations.

This whole thing should be function without the use of any in game mechanics, more like an agreement between different organizations and players on a voluntary basis to work together. This agreement is to guarantee the neutrality and development of alioth, including a prohibition of armed conflicts, but not more.

I hope I could encourage you to think about and look forward to your feedback.

Edit1: to clearify things

Hello Darius Sanguna, these exact principles are what led a group of us to the creation of the Cinderfall Syndicate.

- Provide a non intrusive medium for member organisations and players to cooperate.

- Provide a neutral city on Alioth where we will help players, provide access to a market, and allow member organisations to have embassies or offices to showcase what they're about to said players in the city.

- Explore the possibility of establishing a safety rating system throughout Cinderfall, and members, based off of some kind of reputation.

- Maintain member sovereignty, establish a non aggression pact between members and have a mediation system to allow for wars or conflict dispute between members.

- Create an armed force consisting of a some strictly Cinderfall Navy members, but ala a faction allow member organisation players to sign up. Thus creating a combatant and non combatant ability.

- Cinderfall Syndicate will remain at peace, and a puppet guild Cinderfall Syndicate Navy will declare any wars in its name so as to not call our peaceful members to war.

You see we at Cinderfall have a disdain for the ineffective nature of the U.N. to react and solve problems. As well as the methodology of Democracy, after all many people chose to be ignorant of their political situation and are not fit for making decisions about their nation or faction.

Though this is why we chose for a somewhat confederated approach, all member organisations can be as authoritarian or democratic as they want, and it wont affect the operating capacity of the Syndicate or the Joint military force.

We're still working on the Syndicate, and things are liable to change as we discover more about how the game will actually work.

As far as i know from the description of Cinderfall, Cinderfall will be some sort of alliance, but that was not my intention with this topic. My intention was more or less to get an agreement between different organizations and players. This agreement is to guarantee the neutrality and development of alioth, including a prohibition of armed conflicts, but not more.

I have edited my first post to correct the impression that i'm going for an alliance, but Cinderfall will get a PM from me.

I like this idea. Having one spot for people to go to where it's safe and secure. Allowing them to talk freely and without worry. Additionally, it be good to ensure people aren't allowed to take weapons into the city. Let me explain, say upon entering the city you go through a check point. At this check point you are searched and have to give up all firearms and other weapons. You are given an ID card that matches a storage section that your items are in. When you leave you scan the card and your items are brought to you.

Should this be possible, of course yes this is something we should do, but in the special case of "arkship city" or however you want to call it, it wouldn't be necessary because of the safety zone around the arkship.

Should this be possible, of course yes this is something we should do, but in the special case of "arkship city" or however you want to call it, it wouldn't be necessary because of the safety zone around the arkship.

True, I forget about that. But it's good to plan if things don't work the way you think.