a small mess, can't log in...help would be appreciated

Pelorios

So I wanted to hunt for asteroids and I figured it could be better/faster (less weight, less elements) to build a space-only Small ship and launch it from a Small/Medium static space core.

And so I designed it and build it on ground, made a blueprint,  disassembled it, moved it in 3 trips up to a container in the space platform, and deployed it there. 

All good, I try to fly it and I needed to adjust a few Adjustors so that it rolled properly in one of the directions. 

So while away from the space platform, where I left my other ship "parked", I exit the ship, enter build mode. Apparently it started drifting and I crushed on planet, while I was deciding where to place the adjustors...

Luckily I and it, crashed only 40km from my ground base, so since my inventory was empty, I resurrect, and take another ship to the crash site. I bring scrap to fix it, but how to tow it back? I has no atmo engines, only vertical boosters and adjustors and no airbrakes.

So first I dock the small ship to the fixed big one. And I use the vertical booster and the adjustors to lean forward and travel this way. Not easy, but anyway crashed a couple of times, I managed bring it as close as under 20km from the base . All during nighttime, not easy even with gamma at 2.0. But then it crashed again, and probably water was there, not sure, everything went black, with the "back to the surface" message again. Waited a bit but nothing happened. 

So I stop the process from the Windows Task Manager, and try to log back in, and I am stuck slowly creping up the percentage to log in. Its already been half an hour and probably 10 mins from 93 to 96%.

What do I do?

I got a ship, ECU parked in space, another on surface somewhere, not sure if its above ground that also has another ship docked to it.

Hopefully the space parked ship will be ok, but I am worried about the other two that "fell through". And what would 'fetch' do? Will it work on a ship that has another ship docked to it? And how far does fetch work? Can I use it 20k away?

If I manage to log in.

Do I clear cache, to log in, or do I lose everything if I clear it? 

This is currently been sorted by Support (opened a ticket and their reply was prompt enough.

Although I had to leave for work and can't login to help them help me, I am sure it's going to be fine when I get back.

Side-note for those new to the game: Reason for building it space-only was mainly because the DSAT (Deep Space Asteroid Tracker) weighs a bunch, like 115 tons, so to lift that much added weight from surface would need a lot of power, so I figured, I save on the atmo stuff, i.e. atmo engines, atmo fuel tanks, airbrakes, wings, so I build it for space only, I track and mine asteroids in space, then return to space core construct platform, dump the ore in a container, then use another ship to haul it to surface (that doesn't need to be equipped with 115 tons of necessary (for tracking) weight.

Challenges, Challenges...

1 hour ago, Yoarii said:

Fun, isn't it? :)

And welcome to DU, hope to see you after launch too!

I am dreading this a bit, i.e. doing it all over again, but we do, as a rule, get it done better the second time round. Ergo : " Chance favours the prepared (to mean, experienced) mind."