Lua Blog

Samedi

Back in the mists of time, before NQ had completely broken my spirit, I started writing a series of opinionated blog posts, about DU scripting, how I was doing it, how I thought it should work, and so on.

My intention was to slowly open source the framework I'd built for my own stuff, but to do it in an episodic way with examples, rather than just dumping a load of impenetrable code on the world and running away.

Then I kinda got disillusioned with the direction of Lua in the game (and the game itself), and so the whole thing got put on hold. 

Recently I've been noodling around in the game again, but I'm mostly avoiding scripting as I know it will depress me too much.

That said, I realised that I don't think I ever really shared the blog posts I had written. For what it's worth, here is the opening post

Think of it as a hysterical historical document. Maybe I'll revive it one day if I ever get my mojo back.

Possibly something in one of the posts will help someone. Probably a lot of the experienced scripters will disagree with my approach. That's ok. I did say it was opinionated. ;)

Lest I sound too negative, I should probably just add that the stuff that @NQ-Ligo has been doing recently, and posting about potentially doing in the future, is very encouraging. It will take time, but I have a small glimmer of hope that not all is doom and gloom...