Schematic Research

facemywrath

I'm sure people have done this to death but I have an idea that I haven't seen floating around.

Obviously people want a way to get schematics without buying them. Some people want them to just get rid of schematics but I think they do have a place in the game.

So first off I propose a Schematic Research Unit which is a element that gets placed and linked to an industry unit. Based on the industry unit it is linked to, it has different recipes within, equal to the recipes made by that unit. Each schematics is made by sacrificing a certain amount of the element itself. For example, getting a basic screw schematic might take sacrificing 300 basic screws to craft. The time taken to craft the recipe itself would then be based on the time taken to craft its recipe items. So a basic screw schematic would take 30x the time taken to craft 10 basic screws.

The amount needed to craft a schematic would be predefined by the developers, and then they can include talents to increase research time, reduce the requirements, etc.

This would create multiple new talents as well as creating a way to get schematics that's not super easy. It also adds a reason to salvage beyond just getting elements.

I did like the idea of duplicating schematics with another unit but I think this alone makes it easier but not too easy. Duping them infinitely would be op.

At least with this you can still get unlimited of them you just need resources to do it.

Now I am just going to throw some numbers out here as I am not logging in to see what the real numbers are. 

Ok so it takes 300 screws to make a screw schematic. (although you would not want it to be screws, because how they going to get screws in the first place?) Now lets say the value of of a screw is 500quanta worth of ore. So your essentially paying 165,000 quanta for that screw schematic. and if that screw schematic is 165,000 to buy an actual schematic off the market. why not just sell the ore and buy a schematic?

Although there is a mental factor to this. It gives those that feel they dont want to pay for the schematic an avenue to not pay for it. even thow they are paying just as much for it.  Its like when WOW introduced a daily login XP. For the first couple hours playing, players got 100% XP then after several hours of playing it would drop down to 50% XP. Of course people did not like this because they felt they where being robbed. So instead they halved the amount of XP you got from each kill. and instead gave you 200% for the first couple hours of play and then after that you got 100%.  At the end of the day you got the same amount of XP for both systems, But the mental factor made it seem like getting 200% for a daily login bonus XP.