CTD right after introduction video

Ravow0

Hi, I just subscribed to this game and well. It launch, I created my characters. Then I saw a small introduction cinematic where I see me leaving a big ship full of pods.
As soon as the cinematic end (the ship land), it crash.

I did try with many graphics settings adjustment and even tried to switch to opengl. It always crashing at that same place.

I did notice that the game was running some kind of anticheat. Is it possible that it kick player that are running Windows on a VM? Just asking because I did not see any post regarding a crash at that specific game beginning and it's kind of the only thing that is not standard on my software stack.

Note : Trying outside of a VM is not possible. Windows can't boot on my PC without blue-screening (It's not an hardware issue)

Hardware specification:
Hypervisor : KVM, managed using libvirt
CPU : AMD Ryzen 3950X (All core and CPU schema exposed to the VM)
RAM : 128GB 3200MT/s (32GB are exposed to the VM)
GPU : Radeon 5700 XT (VFIOed to the VM, using latest AMD drivers)
HDD : tons of it (100GB boot drive and 512GB game drive exposed to the VM. The boot one is on a SSD raid, I'm not using hdd "files" but LVM LV for boot drive and real hdd pass-trough for the game drive with is also a SSD Raid on a LSI card, Virtio)
NET : Virtio (Routed to a router&firewall VM in the same PC, it have 5 NICs in total but latency is fine and no packet loss)
The other exotic hardware I have is not exposed to the VM and should not affect it.

Tested with almost clean Windows 11 and 10.

If you have issues with Xsolla giving you a refund, you may need to contact your credit card company and contest the charge. Unfortunately, issues like this are only made worse by their choice of payment providers. 

You'd think with DU now working on GFN they wouldn't have any issue with the concept of running the product on a VM, but I doubt they care enough to look into their anti-cheat settings. 

On 6/28/2021 at 2:25 PM, ShippyLongstalking said:

If you have issues with Xsolla giving you a refund, you may need to contact your credit card company and contest the charge. Unfortunately, issues like this are only made worse by their choice of payment providers. 

You'd think with DU now working on GFN they wouldn't have any issue with the concept of running the product on a VM, but I doubt they care enough to look into their anti-cheat settings. 

If only I did not pay with corn :D
No refund for me and no answer for my ticket.