Easy Cube Meta Fix?

Sophist

So I'm gonna try to keep this as to the point and short as possible. 

So I am a newer player and what I'm suggesting seems easy but I may not understand something making this pointless please bare with me.

So currently the cube meta is the standard in pvp due mostly to HP of the empty voxels being filled with Honeycomb. 

The fix to this seems simple to me now that I've thought it over and it seems to me that if you simple calculate the predominate Honeycomb on the structure and use the Values of said Honeycomb and calculate the empty Voxel space and attribute the HP value of the Honeycomb in effect creating a "shield" variable. That would mean you would actually benefit from making a smaller ship due to cost and still have a hp viable pvp ship?

I will check back for feedback hope this gets traction or at least noticed.

P.S. This just came to mind This method i see as being a shield vs armor choice if you chose to go Cube your armor tanked if you only use one voxel on your ship in effect making a shield tank. you could even take this further in depth and make certain weapons affect them in different ways. this would also make it so shield takes dmg before modules giving you an actual chance to make tactical decisions in a battle.

What I imagine with this is that an L core with 1 voxel of the best honeycomb gets max shield, depending of the amount it can be too much for small sized ships. I would suggest to also cap the amount of shield depending of the total mass or amount of the ships elements, big ships gets more shield.

If NQ is going to add shields, it will probably be related to energy managment (resistances, recharge rate, etc).