Solutions and suggestions for 0.23

Rimezx

I've discussed with multiple people and gathered my thoughts before wring this post. I will list all possible ways i could think of to improve or resolve the current situation.

First and foremost, before going into further detail i want to point out some stuff. This patch has caused the absolute pandemonium within the community. If it isn't the 
greatest disaster of a patch I've ever seen from a game company it is definitely in the top five. When you have multiple controversial and hard to implement changes the
obvious move is to release them one by one, watch how your players digest each one, adjust it and only then attempt to release the next one. You do not just dump 
everything on the playerbase and expect it to somehow work out. Whoever made this decision probably needs to stop making decisions. 

Besides that there was no given time to even discuss the changes. The patch preview with the industry changes was posted just one day before the patch was dropped
on our heads like 25 kilotons of concrete. The community had almost no chance to react in time. There should have been a survey just to see what the players think 
beforehand, but not only that did not happen but some people got tipped off from the inside about this change beforehand and made preparations for it, profiting greatly
in expense of everyone else. If this isn't low i do not know how else to describe it. 

Adding bots to the economy is one thing. Changing the price these bots buy items is another. It completely changes the value of money in the economy. The economy has 
been totally unstable since the start of the beta. Quantas value was shifting constantly making investing into anything a risk. Whoever decided to keep quantas instead of ore
pretty much lost half their buying power. NQ you should seriously consider hiring an economist to design and manage your economy instead of just making changes yolo.

After the roast this is what i propose as solutions/improvements.

1.  Add bots also buying the schematics at the same prices. If someone made a mistake and bought schematics they do not need they could sell them back right away at the same price. Considering some schematic titles are misleading like steel schematic/steel product schematic. This could also work if a decision to remove schematics again is made. Everyone sells them to these bots problem solved. 
  2.  Instead of schematic per unit the schematic bank could be put on the core and a limit on how many units can operate the same schematic before a second one needs to be added. This would remove the need of the tedious task of having to put the schematics on all units and then having to change and maintain them. Also the old factory configurations could still work without having to rip all units and connections and start from scratch. If there were no number limits it would temporarily be much better. The average player would still use the market and the industrialist will get a way to make their initial investment faster. A limit to this could be added later with the tile energy management update, limiting how many units the core can operate at the same time. 
  3. Schematics prices need to be adjusted if schematics are to stay. MAGG schematic cost is 2.6 billion and right now it seels for 23 million. Considering it takes 12 days to craft one (not accounting for talents), if the profit is something like 10 million per AGG (probably is less) someone would need to craft and sell AGGs for 3120 days or 8.5 years to make the initial investment. Not accounting the rest of the schematics needed to create the components. It is obvious that noone tried to calculate these things and a random price a formula generated was dumped. Good job! 
  4. Instead of adjusting schematic prices what could be done is to change the price bots buy ores at, effectively changing the value of quantas making these schematics prices reachable. Like buying hematite for 2500 quantas each. Cancel all market orders from players before reopening the server and multiply everyones quanta by 100. Players would have to get rid of their shematics beforehand and buy them again after the change.
  5. Add an option to not use schematics on industry units (again if schematics are to stay) at least up to T1 recipes. These units will be able to craft recipes but at increased materials cost (around 50%). This would help the starters to start and get into industry. If someone is willing to be self sufficient by knowingly crafting everything at a higher price let them. Most people that care about prices will just use the market.
  6. Give players time to return to command seat after loading back from a disconnect before the momentum returns. Also make the ship remeber its old engine thrust setting on command seat initiation. Having to start engine warmup again at a stage like reentry is lethal. 
  7. Give core units 1 extra life instead of zero. Why make everyone carry a second core unit on their ship. It makes no sense. Give the ship 1 chance to repair and fly back with scraps.
  8. Implement anchoring for AGG ships with or without a time limit. This is needed immediately now that the patch is out. Otherwise AGG ships can only be operated by multiple people.

AGGs M cost around 8M to build.Profit is 15M. I still agree with you that ROIs are too long but thats because many people have stock annd prices arent yet in the  hundreds of millions.Wait for those Aggs to be sold and the prices will go up.