RDMS redo

Nightranger

Currently the RDMS system is a complete nightmare for anyone to make heads or tails of, and isn't very user friendly. So my current suggestion here, Is to make it easier and friendlier to use.

Policies - Remove this, It's unnecessary weight.

Actors - Incorporate "Policies" here, Here's why:
When setting up an "actor" for a group of people, or specific jobs etc, It's a lot easier to add the policies here for example:
I have an actor called "Builders" - I want Builders to have build rights
I have an actor called "Miners" - I want them to have harvest, mine and dig

Currently, you can create actors, which is just putting people into a group, but then have to add the rights under policies, and then assign them to the relevant tags... This leads to a confusing, clogged up mess, requiring a back and forth process.
If you were able to assign the policies and actors combined in the one place, under actors, and then assign the tags (Territories/Structures...) It's easier, quicker more efficient and more user friendly, where at a glance you know what's what.

Otherwise you create "Policies" as "Actors" and skip actors completely, as you just add individual people to that policy... So whichever way you go around it, Actors are redundant, but would make better sense to use in the way I mentioned.

When creating "sub-actors" i.e Actors within actors - Please allow a drop down menu to nest it in, This makes it easier for people to see what actors are associated with what, there is no need for it to be seperate, This can be done with simple html/css and wouldn't take long to implement an auto nest feature. Keeping the respective UI cleaner and easier to understand.

Rights - I mean isn't this why we have a codex? Please remove it, and put it in the codex respectively, It just makes the whole thing more confusing...

Tags - This bit is understandable and although gets messy, is okay.

**The suggestion I have made here can be implemented relatively quickly, Just a case of re-organising the styling, No need for a "Complete over-haul", and would make it 10x more efficient and effective in practicality**

I'm curious as to why it was laid out how it is, and if I have understood the whole "process" correctly or not... But this is what I feel would make it better, for players as a whole.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 as many other UI the RDMS indeed needs a complete redo, the UI havent been given much thought apparently, i guess since they have basically rushed into the so called "beta" all of this is still at alpha status and more proof of concept rather than something useful and intuive