Launcher stopped working!

Yt Noyz

I had this last night, while streaming never the less, it happened after the game locked up my pc and I had to hard close and reboot. This is what I did to get it working again.

-Search your pc for the uninstalled program for DU and use it.

-After is done, search your pc for any DU files left behind and erase them.

-Restart your pc and download the game from the site.

-Make sure it installs in your user games folder, the entire game.

-Launch game.

There where multiple steps I did that didn’t work, specially trying to download the game without checking to see if everything was deleted, this will cause another error, can’t unzipped game files, so make sure everything is gone before you re-download. I hope this works for you, good luck.

WOW! I don't know how to do all that searching at all. I play games - know nothing of what you speak.

I did see DU's uninstall file. But searching for files that this missed - I have no idea how and have any confidence that I did

37 minutes ago, Yt Noyz said:

WOW! I don't know how to do all that searching at all. I play games - know nothing of what you speak.

I did see DU's uninstall file. But searching for files that this missed - I have no idea how and have any confidence that I did

After you use the Uninstaller, go back to the search bar on your task bar and type Dual Universe, if they’re is anything left, it will show up, right click it and pick open file location, once it’s open, select it and delete it.

Thank you sir. You are right on me taking this approach.
The system I am using now is a brand new up to date gaming PC.
The one it is replacing is still functioning really well but to dated to handle the games.
I went back to it and Dual started up just fine.
While my new one won't.
So here goes! Cross your fingers! lol

One last question is should I follow up with a uninstaller like IOBit after using Dual's uninstaller so the registry and all that jazz is checked?
Or does that search you mention cover all that?

9 minutes ago, Yt Noyz said:

Thank you sir. You are right on me taking this approach.
The system I am using now is a brand new up to date gaming PC.
The one it is replacing is still functioning really well but to dated to handle the games.
I went back to it and Dual started up just fine.
While my new one won't.
So here goes! Cross your fingers! lol

One last question is should I follow up with a uninstaller like IOBit after using Dual's uninstaller so the registry and all that jazz is checked?
Or does that search you mention cover all that?

You can do both if you like, but the search bar is going to show if there is that pesky folder that didn’t get deleted by the Uninstaller. In my case, the folder wasn’t even with the rest of the game files but this could have been something left over from Alpha, who knows. 

You a solo person or Org type?
Me I fly the solo route - it's a challenge. 
But I've had a buttfull of Orgs in real life, This here is an escape for me.
But I would like to have like minded friends to cover "6's" and all. Or do trips together.

19 minutes ago, Yt Noyz said:

You a solo person or Org type?
Me I fly the solo route - it's a challenge. 
But I've had a buttfull of Orgs in real life, This here is an escape for me.
But I would like to have like minded friends to cover "6's" and all. Or do trips together.

I play solo 90% of the time because I stream this game, so I like to do things for the stream. However I have my own Org also, just me on it of course, to save the Name. I'm currently at Thades working on a little project to get my Space station going from there. You can send me a friend request in-game if you like.

Thanx
Your help solved my problem. I did it just the way you did yours - no uninstall program used,

Downloaded new install and all is fine.

Me? I'm still Alioth Territory and Sanctuary Territory.
I  have all but Recycle, L and XL assembly. And a couple of the Metalworks and Electronics.
But the L assembly and they 3rd ship are both in progress now - another day or two it looks like.
But gotta do some major mining! Supplies about played out
2 completed planet ships for quick shuttle and beginner (surface mining) transport. Half way thru my first inter planetary with a small container for atmo planets.
Then my 2 and 1/2 Small Container ship that will be no atmo and atmo bodies - Then a big medium with warp, anti-gravity and all the other shit
So once I get back to space I'll look you up. 
Or you can stop by one of mine if you would like - they are still pretty rough but quite worthwhile

No problem, I occasionally fly back to Alioth, drop stuff at the market, grab some T2 and fly back, I really hate all the lag over there, I guess I’m used to Thades smooth lag free no pending operations environment lol, etc ll see ya in game and glad I was able to solve your issue, good day!