UX + UI Improvements

Nightranger

Firstly, NQ you are doing a great job, We see you working around the clock 24/7, and it is very very much appreciated.

This post has been prompted because I just lost a load of Industry parts, Partially because I didn't read when I clicked "OK", but primarily because the UX and UI sucks, As in it doesn't do what the user EXPECTS it to do.

Scenario: Using the linked container, you cannot right click and "Equip" a part, like you can from your nanosuit - Instead you have to drag it to a box roughly 100px x 100px to the far right of your screen, to be able to place it, Which I did, and then this pop-up box appeared, I though "Must of added that in the last update to confirm you want to use it" - Granted I didn't read it, clicked "OK" and poof, half my industry parts disappeared...

THIS IS NOT EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR, which is UX (User experience) for those that don't know. Whoever thought of the drag 'n' drop interface for linked containers instead of right click + equip, Nice idea, but please a 100px x 100px box on the far right of the screen should work as intended and not blap your things into non-existance, and should generally be a little bigger or at least easier to see.

In terms of general UI/UX - It takes far too long to get to things you would use, Instead of having all your multi-tool accessories in your inventory and a drag 'n' drop interface, could we please have a button to hold with a wheel to select the multi-tool accessory we want to use? It saves a couple of seconds, and is generally more pleasing than looking through your inventory for the right tool piece, which clogs the inventory up when your looking for things. It's only a bit of CSS and HTML to make this happen, you already have the ability for key combinations and linking of functions. It would make things so much easier, thank you.

The general background colours etc from the various pop-ups are too pronounced, We would like transparency on things like the flight HUD, and the information bold and pronounced by default - We as gamers can then actually see what's going on, without our eyes being distracted by Big White background headers and a Blue background. It would make the UX a lot more pleasing.

The Ore colours when scanning, Please Please introduce different colours for different Ores, Instead of different shades, It makes it easier to distinguish each ORE without wasting more time narrowing down which ORE you need. UX + UI Improvements.

When Warping or travelling really really fast through space, could we change the constant white lines across the screen (I presume these are meant to be stars as your moving) but it cuts through your ship and your left with a 1900's representation of a black and white screen (Okay not quite that bad...) But there are other things you could do, Warp tunnels? Reduce the density of stars as your passing (Technically you wouldn't see the stars like that travelling through space, at least not in that quantity as stars are just burning balls of Gas or dead planets waiting to implode), and instead of white, make them different colours, Light blue, Light yellow, light red etc, go wild use your imagination.

If anyone else has any ideas to make it generally more pleasing to the eye, and can improve the User experience, Please feel free to post here. Ultimately I feel the current UI/UX really really lets the game down, and doesn't feel like a futuristic space colony game.

NQ, Look I get your trying to revolutionise this genre of game... But please, for the love of god, suggestions are called suggestions on literally every forum everywhere for a reason, please change the forum section from "Idea Box" to "Suggestions", thank you, I don't like spending 15 minutes looking for the right section to post things. :)

Keep up the hard work, It's appreciated.