The Solar Empire, The Beginning Part 2

EmperorToch

Its been a few days since Dylan arose from his ice coffin aboard the crashed arkship destiny. The alien environment on the aptly named Corazun Oro, has been harsh and unforgiving on him. The A.I. aboard the arkship has taught Dylan many valuable skills in engineering, survival, etc. Currently he is arriving back at the arkship after a long days hunt for food, which was somewhat successful. So far he has been surviving off the rations within the arkship but today he wanted to try his hand at hunting.

He plopped the oozing sack of alien animals down onto the ground near a crackling fire.

"hmm, its not earth animals but It will do...", he said to himself.

"If you place the organic beings into the ships bio scanner, I can tell you if its poisonous to you.", said the A.I. through the earpiece in Dylans ear.

"Alright well then I better do that.", he nodded as he picked the sack back up and walked toward a large crack in the hull of the crashed ship. "Hey, tell me. Were there any other survivors on my segment at all?", he asked as he stepped over fallen pieces of metal plating.

"After hours of searching through the cryopods I have come across several humans who were undamaged in the crash. I have promptly begun the defrosting process which will take a few days.", it responded.

"I brought my dog with me...most likely the last of his kind. Did he make it?", asked Dylan.

"My scans indicate a section of the ships cryopods contain Earth animals. I have also begun the defrosting process for all of them aswell. I am detecting exactly 20 canines, 13 Felines, 4 Small batches of rodents, 23 Birds varying in species. The rest....did not make it.", the A.i. said sadly.

"Well...I hope hes in there.", said Dylan as he arrived to a medical bay looking area. He walked up to a singular scanning bench that hummed with power. He placed the oozing sack ontop the of the bench and a long arm extended and began to circle the sack.

"hmm...from what my scans suggest, the organic material in this container is edible by humans but large amounts can cause internal bleeding. The acidic nature of the blood of these beings are safe to consume in small batches but toxic in larger amounts.", the A.I. said regretfully.

"well how much is 'a large amount'?", Dylan asked.

"About 6 ounces of meat. The daily recommended meat consumption for a human is 5 1/2 ounces of lean meat.", the A.I. said

"well...can you like...create a meal plan of some sort for the future for when we eventually run out of rations?", asked Dylan.

"processing....meal plan created.....", the A.I. said as it spit out a small, flat, square piece of metal. The object had a glass screen that began to list the optimal meal plans for human consumption based off the organic material found in the bag. It listed cooking times, recipes and food safety hazards. Dylan walked back out towards the crack in the hull when he heard a loud roaring sound coming from outside. He placed the data device on his belt and ran towards the crack in the hull before stopping and staring back at a large beast sniffing around his campfire. The beast had its back turned towards him and was sniffing all around the fire, as if it had never seen such a thing before. It was a quadruped with a long tail that had bony spikes along the middle leading towards a knife like end. The beast had a humped back that had bone armor-like plating covering its vulnerable areas. It had large legs that had five digits on its hands, each digit was tipped with a curved talon that dug into the dirt. Dylan took a step back and his boot stepped on a piece of glass making it crack loudly. The noise startled the beast and it swiveled around quickly to face the threat. It roared at Dylan angrily and took a low stance keeping its head low to the ground but its gaze locked on him. The beasts face was rounded at the top and flattened at the jaw. The jaw was lined with Jagged teeth that looked very, very, very dangerous. Unlike the human eye, the beasts slceras were black and the Iris were a white color. Its mouth dripped with purple ooze, most likely some type of toxin. Dylan didn't move a muscle as the beast walked slowly upto him, its tail bent over its body and the knife end pointing at the Dylans chest. The beast was right on top of him, he could smell the rotting stench of decay in the beasts mouth, it was carnivorous.

"Do not move sir.", the A.I. whispered into Dylans ear. "Preparing automated defenses...standby.", it whispered again. 

To the side Dylan could hear the sound of machinery moving around and the sound of something powering up. The noise caught the beasts attention and caused it to turn its gaze upward past Dylan. Suddenly a blue bolt of energy shot into the beasts face. The beast roared in pain and started thrashing about grabbing at its face. Dylan ducked down and rolled backwards into the ship as the beast rolled around and ran into things. It whined and screamed as it slammed its face into the side of the ship repeatedly. It eventually foudn the correct path and dashed off into the forest, its screaming still being heard.

"holy.....shit....that was close....", said Dylan. "what the hell was that?", he asked.

"That was a non-lethal energy based crowd control device.", the A.I. said proudly.

"not that! That creature!", he yelled back.

"I am not sure sir, remember this is a new planet. New planets have a possibility of housing new hostilities.". the A.i. said.

"well....we need to be more careful or I am not even going to be alive when these people are thawed.", Dylan said shaking.