Treaties system, a reason to work together. (Org core counts)

_Durk_

I've been going over in my head why I would want to join an organization.

A territory treaties system would give players the option to work collectively with other orgs.

Org A    Org B

Org A and Org B are neighbors.  They have tiles bordering each other.  Both could form a treaty with expectations of them both.  Org A offers to pay Org B five million quanta a week and Org B will give Org A 2 cores and some percentage of their ore.  Both Orgs receive a bonus based on the total members of each org to the speed of industry machines and the decay rate of mining units.  60 total members gives a 2% reduction in speed.

These numbers are just for example and can be adjusted after observation and feedback from the community.  Down the road if it's decided member number expectations are too high or low, that value can be altered.

It could be a system based on RDMS but with specific options for terms like reduced industry speed, increased MU output, etc.

this would encourage players with their own organizations to cooperate with an automated system.  Org B knows they will be paid because the box they have stored their ore in will only become accessable to Org A when they've paid that weeks quanta.  No trust required so people are less likely to get betrayed.  If people do find backhanded ways to mess with their neighbors through treaty violations, that's politics.  We already take risks with RDMS.  If you pay more quanta for more cores you'd get access to bigger bonuses to industry speed or mining units.

This is just an idea, but it's a solution to getting people to work together and still maintain some sense of self sufficiency.  Depending on how cooperative the involved players are with one another, they could have more complex and valuable treaties allowing more access and better bonuses.

To attempt to avoid people breaking the system, give it time length requirements.  People can only collect traded items or cores at the end of a minimum 3 month period.  If the treaty is abandoned, the cores given through this system are returned to the donating player, chosen at random. Though I'm sure people will find some way to abuse it and it will require several more safeguards. 

To spice it up from RDMS, give it a special UI with handshakes, doves, and olive branch icons and call it the Treaties Menu. 

I'll admit I'm not sure how feasible any of this is, just throwing the idea out there.