I created this thread so players can submit their ideas for the future AvA mechanics here. This will make it easier for NQ to collect our ideas.

My suggestions:

I think NQ need to give the players the ability to plant C4 bombs with a remote detonation or a timer on other players ships, so that later they can detonate them in the pvp zone, we also need tracking beacons that will transmit the coordinates of the ship every few minutes that the ships owner can detect and remove from the ship before departure. This will be a good start for the AvA ?

These 2 mechanics will be the easiest to do.

Another AvA mechanic is the boarding mechanic. How it can work: when 1 ship approaches another at a close distance, for example 20 km, a button appears in the pilot of the ship to send a request for boarding to the pilot of another ship. A boarding request cannot be rejected if your ship has fewer players than the other ship that sent you the request. When boarding starts, the ships stop 100m apart and remain motionless, the boarding timer starts working. While the boarding timer is running, players cannot pilot and fire the ships' guns, these 2 ships cannot be destroyed by other ships, a no-fly impassable zone appears around these ships until the boarding timer stops. If none of the ships was captured during this time, then after the end of the boarding timer, the speed of the ships is restored.

Boarding mechanic:

https://youtu.be/OFhtWj729Y4

https://corexbox.com/the-terminator-of-fps-hacks-ai-cheating-tool-exposed/

https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/14607/machine-learning-undetectable-hack-console-end-online-fps

With the current goings-on in the world - Emerging tech like AI becoming more prominent and accessible to the average player - I think putting AvA into DU anytime within the next year or two would be a foolish move. There are many people speculating that FPS games and anything point-and-shoot could become an entirely obsolete game-model, because there's no longer any possible way to ensure fair play and that you have human versus human combat taking place. In most FPS games currently available, around 10% are currently not even real players, they are bots or AI programs playing the game autonomously.

These "hacks" or Bots (they are bots, there is no real "hacking" required since nothing is injected into the game client) are completely undetectable for the simple reason that they use screen-capture to see the game world the exact same way a player would. All the bot does is send input signals to the HID drivers (your keyboard and mouse). It looks no different than a real player, aside from their ability to react.

Some form of AvA that is *not* point-and-shoot might be something that could be considered. But aside from that I think that until a viable solution to this problem is found, AvA should be scrapped entirely or at least put on a very long, indefinite hold. Allow NQ some time to observe what ultimate solutions bigger comapnies like Activision and Take Two come up with to solve this problem.

Post-mortem edit:
Right now, Battlefield 2042's only "solution" to this problem was to kill the official online servers in favor of what they're calling Portal - Which is basically just a private server browser. So the only way a major company like Activision can see to fix this problem, is to quite literally get rid of official online servers and replace them with local private servers where players can ban whoever they want, if they suspect someone of hacking/botting.

Activision, with their millions of dollars, has looked this problem over and ended up admitting this was not one they could solve. I think that should really drive home how cautious we should be with this, because it could quite literally destroy the game.